Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gary Rowett sacked / Nathan Jones **NOW CONFIRMED AS REPLACEMENT**

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I’ve been told by a Luton sth that Nathon Jones has agreed a deal with Stoke, and the two clubs are now negotiating a compensation package.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He’s better off unemployed; Stoke’s a shit-hole.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Wouldn't have thought many people had anything bad to say about Fat Frank. From the outside it looks as if he's doing a very decent job in the toughest division in the world. Impressive when you consider it's his first attempt at management.

In the playoffs and in touch with the top two at this stage is a very good achievement. It'll be interesting to see how he does/you do at the business end of the season as that's been your downfall previously. But this season's Championship is there for the taking if any team can get some sort of consistency.

If he can get rid of the "bottlers" tag then he'll have achieved something amazing......

Good luck btw. Would much prefer Derby/Sheffield United/ West Brom to go up instead of Dirty Leeds, Shithole Boro or the Six Fingered Farm crew.

Ta! Yeah, I just think some were very dubious about Derby taking on a Lamps in his first job. I agree though that the playoffs would be a a good result. Also agree, there's no 'standout' teams so you never know :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1082944056144154624[/tweet]

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I get Jones' ambition and Stoke must be attractive to him with the money he can spend there and the squad already in place - but I'm not convinced this is the best move for him. I think he'd have been better off getting Luton promoted and then taking his pick next season of the Championship clubs who panic and sack their manager.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I get Jones' ambition and Stoke must be attractive to him with the money he can spend there and the squad already in place - but I'm not convinced this is the best move for him. I think he'd have been better off getting Luton promoted and then taking his pick next season of the Championship clubs who panic and sack their manager.

Incredibly wealthy club who, like the Albion, used to have a pragmatic approach to life in the Premier League before ambition (and Mark Hughes) got in the way.

Nathan Jones will set himself up for life if he can get that club going.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Oh dear, Nathan. Luton, Stoke, both horrible clubs. Please please please, don't go to Palace next time around, unless it's to relegate them.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

There's the gamble isn't it - He has the chance to make a big jump up the ladder, grasping those opportunities is what ambitious people will do. They've made mistakes but Stoke must be very appealing to him....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here