Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] After 21 games comparison...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So - in a nutshell - we're 4 points better off than this point last season because we managed to beat - rather than draw - with Palace and Everton at home.

Not just that, obviously. We have played more than two games....

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
So - in a nutshell - we're 4 points better off than this point last season because we managed to beat - rather than draw - with Palace and Everton at home.

If we improve by four points every half season we will be winning the league in a few years...

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Gross away from home has now moved into top spot with Locadia dropping down the list.

agree with this. Gross seems to be in pole for some reason.

It was March for a long time and Stephens for quite a while.

Locadia will re enter the top 3 if not scoring weekly

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Yeah, but threw away our regulation 2 extra points we should get at home to Arsenal.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
agree with this. Gross seems to be in pole for some reason.

It was March for a long time and Stephens for quite a while.

Locadia will re enter the top 3 if not scoring weekly

I think there is a subtle genius about Gross that doesn't come across in his style. His speed of thought is exemplary, as is his finding of pockets of space and putting the ball into space for others. Most of our team play balls to feet or just in front, but Gross genuinely puts balls into space way ahead of a player, for a run they've not yet made or thought of making – I've said it before but reminds me of Vicente in that regard. His work rate for the team is great. Last night his passing did go astray toward the end, and perhaps he could have given the last 10 or 15 to Bissouma, but overall I still love watching Gross play, and still think he is underappreciated for what he contributes.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think there is a subtle genius about Gross that doesn't come across in his style. His speed of thought is exemplary, as is his finding of pockets of space and putting the ball into space for others. Most of our team play balls to feet or just in front, but Gross genuinely puts balls into space way ahead of a player, for a run they've not yet made or thought of making – I've said it before but reminds me of Vicente in that regard. His work rate for the team is great. Last night his passing did go astray toward the end, and perhaps he could have given the last 10 or 15 to Bissouma, but overall I still love watching Gross play, and still think he is underappreciated for what he contributes.

His Bundesliga stats also proved his quality.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Is it too late to nominate [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] for poster of the year (making sense when it comes to analysing Gross sub-award)?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Comparing this years matches to their equivalent last year (relegated teams swapped with promoted teams, in order), we are exactly the same position now as were were then. We returned nothing from the net three fixtures last year so hopefully we can make some progress. And also, half glass full, we finished with 40 points last year.

I have pasted the table below, hopefully will be readable.

Cumulative points.

2017-18 2018-19
Liverpool - A 0 0
Man U - H 3 3
Watford - A 4 3
Man City - A 4 3
Spurs - H 5 3
Soton - A 6 4
Fulham/WBA - H 9 5
Wolves/Swansea - H 12 8
Newcastle - A 13 11
West Ham - H 16 14
Leicester - H 16 15
Cardiff/Stoke - A 17 15
Everton - A 17 15
Hudds - A 17 18
Palace - H 18 21
Burnely - A 19 21
Chelsea - H 19 21
Bournemouth - A 19 21
Arsenal - H 22 22
Everton - H 23 25
West Ham - A 26 26
Liverpool - H 26
Man U - A 26
Fulham/WBA - A 26
Watford - H 29

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Think we all would........... [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION]'s Tenamen Tracker tracker suggests we need 5, if we get 8 from 6 we'll be 10 ahead of it and basically safe with 11 games left and potentially heading for 50 points or so.

If we improve by four points every half season we will be winning the league in a few years...

On Giraffe's tracker at 21 games last season we were at -2 points. This year, we're at +7. So, we're arguably nine points better off!

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Next 6 games 17/18 LLDWDW
Next 6 games 18/19 Liverpool, Man Utd, Fulham, Watford, Burnley, Chelsea

I'd take last seasons 8 points from 6 again

Like for like is a better gauge, here are the results from last season coresponding fixtures

Liverpool (H) lost 5-1
Man Utd. (A) lost 1-0
Fulham (A) n/a
Watford (H) won 1-0
Burnley (H) draw 0-0
Chelsea (A) lost 2-0

I just hope we can pick up more than 4 points this time around.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

If anyone can be bothered, have a look at his ball to Murray in the Palace game (the one that should’ve led to a penalty and when Duffy got sent off). It’s fantastic.....and on his left foot.

fanseagull

Dec 18, 2018

I agree. What he lacks in pace he more than makes up for with accuracy, effort and intelligent play. His form seemed to dip a bit after he returned from the Fulham injury - but I am confident he will continue to be a very important player for us because of his special skills.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
If anyone can be bothered, have a look at his ball to Murray in the Palace game (the one that should’ve led to a penalty and when Duffy got sent off). It’s fantastic.....and on his left foot.

That pass was sublime

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here