Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] BTP appealing for witnesses of Anti-Semitic chanting

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
have the police not got better things to do than this? If ya burgled you wouldn't see a copper but 'racism' and 'anti semetism' they are all over it.

I really don't think British Transport Police investigate burglaries unless they happen on railway land.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
True, but my point is a valid one. I'm sure i also heard 'we can see you holding hands' as well......shocking.

Whenever someone wants to denigrate the racism or homphobic laws of the land, on Nsc, they quote the mild chant of we can see you holding hands.
At least try to be original.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

I think you’re right HT. I used to think of intolerance as the preserve of the right wing fringes. But now there’s definitely an extreme left, and also a liberal (oxymoron alert!) fanactism. And everything inbetween seemingly.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Don't understand this as these supporters were pointed out to the Transport Police when they got off the train. Surely that counts as a complaint

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
Do you think this country is becoming more or less tolerant? I sometimes wonder myself eg If I heard 4 pissed yooof saying Yid on public transport I’d just put it down to rivalry, drink and being boring / a bit thick and immature to think for themselves rather than calling them out as racists and making a police complaint. Not exactly in the same league as David Irving after all. If they were a lot older and sober then that’s a different matter perhaps.

And the chant I heard referred to the killing of said group which irrespective of age or alcohol consumption is just wrong...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If you’re the sort to say something to racists, homophobes and sexists it’s a battle most weeks with away fans. I’ve got the scars to prove it (some of them as well don’t worry )
I’ve found going through life keeping my mouth shut hard but nothings really changing. The groups are smaller I suppose. Getting sick of it now really. It’s sometimes vile around kids as well.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
And the chant I heard referred to the killing of said group which irrespective of age or alcohol consumption is just wrong...

Absolutely. Disgusting and moronic if so.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
If you’re the sort to say something to racists, homophobes and sexists it’s a battle most weeks with away fans. I’ve got the scars to prove it (some of them as well don’t worry )
I’ve found going through life keeping my mouth shut hard but nothings really changing. The groups are smaller I suppose. Getting sick of it now really. It’s sometimes vile around kids as well.

Fair play to you. Brave, admirable quality. Takes courage

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No, I don’t think you’re stupid or narrow minded at all - it’s a bizarre situation. I know it’s all about supposedly reclaiming the word and all that but surely it’s just time to consign this ugly word to the past regardless. Makes me feel uncomfortable, whether someone saying it is white or black.

Chris Morris filletted this beautifully in 'Nathan Barley' when he had his white lead character address his mate as 'my n*****'. That was a mother****ing lot of years ago, bluds.

Edit: but nothimg to do with the main thrust of this merged thread. It would be good to see a few tossers prosecuted. Same old Chelsea, keep on digging....

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
have the police not got better things to do than this? If ya burgled you wouldn't see a copper but 'racism' and 'anti semetism' they are all over it.
Not actually true, we had a call out Sunday to disable an alarm after burglars had ripped it off the wall, police and forensics at the victims property within the hour.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Don't understand this as these supporters were pointed out to the Transport Police when they got off the train. Surely that counts as a complaint

BTP have had the complaint and identified the culprits. Now they are asking for as many witnesses as possible.
The more witnesses there are, the better the chance of getting a conviction in court.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
[

One Brighton supporter said he witnessed the “disturbing” incident, where other Chelsea fans on board the train confronted their fellow supporters.

No, how dramatic !!!!

Because its an easy conviction. No police work needed !!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here