NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
:sick:

jewell.jpg

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I don't think that's such a bad appointment actually, he was very successful at Wigan in his early days in management.

Only time will tell I guess.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I don't think that's such a bad appointment actually, he was very successful at Wigan in his early days in management.

Only time will tell I guess.

He built a strong, effective team. His days of being at the cutting edge of football management are over.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He built a strong, effective team. His days of being at the cutting edge of football management are over.

Some managers and coaches seem to be able to adapt to the changing face of football, whilst others can't. Paul Jewell hasn't had a top job in football since leaving Ipswich six years ago. Maybe the break has done him good, and that he can make a go of things in League Two.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Some managers and coaches seem to be able to adapt to the changing face of football, whilst others can't. Paul Jewell hasn't had a top job in football since leaving Ipswich six years ago. Maybe the break has done him good, and that he can make a go of things in League Two.

Some can and some can't. There's a reason why Iain Dowie is a pundit now, and not a manager.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Some can and some can't. There's a reason why Iain Dowie is a pundit now, and not a manager.

Yes, there is less pressure and he gets to see more of the wife!

Who knows if he could successfully manage again, the big problem though is that he has been out of the game for too long now, new managers with differing ideas have come along, and people have short memories too. Hence Iain Dowie, and too many others to mention, have become looked upon as footballing dinoaurs.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Wasnt he touted on here by many as a possible manager for us some years ago. pre Amex.

I don't know if he was ever touted as a manager for us, but Liam Brady was interested in signing him (he played in Dean Wilkins testimonial game while on trial with us).

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Paul Jewell applies for every job that comes up, including Barcelona, Real Madrid Juventus Bayern Munich - I am surprised he didn't get the Real Madrid job the other month when it became available

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here