Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What was your first away game?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I can’t be certain but i think it was Oxford in around 83/84

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Think mine was Charlton somewhere around 1990. Seem to remember we lost 1-2.

Rabeen

Jul 11, 2003
Worthing
FA Cup 4th round, 1991, Liverpool, 2-2.

The memory of the come back from 2-0 down early in the second half to draw made me smile for years afterwards. In fact it was years and about 20 away games later until I saw the Albion win away.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Brighton vs Sundeland 21 July 2010 in Albufeira, Portugal

Coming from a family who weren't into football I had nobody to go with. I was allowed as a teenager to have a season ticket at the Withdean but not allowed to go to away games. Then at uni from 2007 so had no money.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Hereford; no, not that one. It was in 1976 and Taylor surprised us all by dropping Fred Binney and played this skinny kid called Ward. Whatever happened to him?

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Gillingham at home I think!

In all seriousness I think it might be the playoff final in Cardiff. After that maybe Peterborough away a couple of years later.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Southend, September 1987. Lost 2-1, went on the Costa fun bus and it kicked off in the corner terrace. 87-88 was a brilliant season for aways but that was the only one we did on the coach :lolol:

Edit - just remembered that’s not right. Did all the other local ones on the train (Gillingham, Brentford x 2 and Aldershot stand out as lively) but did Chester on the coach as I remember playing football at Toddington services and hearing that an evening game at (I think) Notts Co had gone our way and promotion was still in our own hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dinner with Gotsmanov

NSC Patron
May 30, 2014
Worthing
Luton Away, September 1982, lost 5-0. Things could only get better........

.....as proved by next one being Watford away, when we held them to a 4-0 defeat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here