Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mayweather v McGregor

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Good point. What is he thinking climbing into the ring with Mayweather then?
Its all about the dough for McBiggun
You've answered your own question. I'd 'fight' Mayweather for 70 odd million. I don't imagine the one punch needed would kill me.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
No I've been watching the right football. Look a whole video of footballers rolling around in their pants like the brave brave men they are.

What relevance has this got to anything I wrote? I don't think I mentioned footballers or "brave men".

I did mention PANTS however.

Without watching the video I'm guessing the footballers are in shorts....and not playing in just their PANTS

If you can clarify what on earth you are on about it would be appreciated as I'm completely lost now :lolol:

EDIT: I've just had a thought. Is this a communication breakdown where Australians call shorts "PANTS"?

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Oh god. I thought that was the end of it.

Ok. Lets call them manly hot pants..

They fight in manly hot pants.

In case you were thinking of purchasing a pair, the actual name for the "manly hot pants" worn by mma fighters is Vale Tudo shorts ;-)

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
IMO MMA fighters display the same skill levels as a scrap in a pub car park on a Saturday night. Wrestle your opponent to the floor then keep punching him in the face.

Anybody else here been around long enough to remember Muhammad Ali taking on some martial arts fighter from somewhere out East? The martial arts guy fell to the floor on the first bell and spent the entire 15 rounds (I think) scrambling around on the floor on his back trying to kick Ali in the shins. It was pathetic beyond words.

Whilst I am no fan of Mayweather, I hope he sparks McGregor out because I love, admire and respect the artistry and skill of boxing but have no time for the pub brawler mentality of MMA.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In case you were thinking of purchasing a pair, the actual name for the "manly hot pants" worn by mma fighters is Vale Tudo shorts ;-)

Well you couldn't really call them boxer shorts, could you?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Farce of a fight.

McGregor has no chance of winning(unless Mayweather wants to turn his 80million into 800million...) just as Mayweather would have no chance if it was a MMA fight. Which is why it's taking place in the boxing ring. Mayweather doesn't need the money but if you offer him an easy 80+million he'll take it. McGregor knows this is his pay day so is happy to take the loss, probably banking on the fact that Mayweather hasn't knocked anyone out in years and so will take the U.D defeat. Then he can say rematch in MMA and call Mayweather a pussy for not taking the rematch. Mayweather will shrug and they'll both dive into vaults filled with money a la scrooge mcduck.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Being touted at $79 PPV in the States, so that'll be about £63 PPV over here??

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
IMO MMA fighters display the same skill levels as a scrap in a pub car park on a Saturday night. Wrestle your opponent to the floor then keep punching him in the face.

Anybody else here been around long enough to remember Muhammad Ali taking on some martial arts fighter from somewhere out East? The martial arts guy fell to the floor on the first bell and spent the entire 15 rounds (I think) scrambling around on the floor on his back trying to kick Ali in the shins. It was pathetic beyond words.

Whilst I am no fan of Mayweather, I hope he sparks McGregor out because I love, admire and respect the artistry and skill of boxing but have no time for the pub brawler mentality of MMA.

The Ali fight was a farce and based on who you believe ended up that way due to the limitations placed upon Inoki.

As for "pub brawler mentality of MMA". Utter ignorance. Try taking down a skilled grappler or landing a punch on someone who understands striking arts. Then combine the two.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

You can always tell the people who don't know anything about MMA fighting. Like this fella.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
There are many people in this thread who have to failed actually watch some high quality mixed martial arts. Instead they want hang on to the old negative press attempt to portray it as ruleless brawling.

In reality particularly the jujitsu is incredibly technical and skillful. You just need to watch it with the likes of Joe Rogan commentating and you will soon really appreciate it. Admittedly I may struggle with the free style or Greco wrestling stuff which can look look messy. However that's as much a cultural thing as proper wrestling popular in many countries and I don't mean TBD scripted pan to of WWE

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
There are many people in this thread who have to failed actually watch some high quality mixed martial arts. Instead they want hang on to the old negative press attempt to portray it as ruleless brawling.

In reality particularly the jujitsu is incredibly technical and skillful. You just need to watch it with the likes of Joe Rogan commentating and you will soon really appreciate it. Admittedly I may struggle with the free style or Greco wrestling stuff which can look look messy. However that's as much a cultural thing as proper wrestling popular in many countries and I don't mean TBD scripted pan to of WWE

It's really frustrating that it still gets labelled in that way. I know a bunch of people who have fought in mma bouts. None of them are "pub brawlers".

TBH people don't need to listen to Joe Rogan, there's a really healthy jiu jitsu scene locally with three legit BJJ gyms.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here