Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pascal Groß midfielder SIGNED from FC Ingolstadt 04.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Hughton has confirmed that Pascal Gross will play the number 10 role for us, do you guys think we will also be signing another striker to play ahead of him? or stick with Murray & Hemed for that....?

Surely will be looking for other strikers.

Murray and Hemed wont get more than 5 or 6 goals each IMO and Gross only got 4 in the Bundesliga so I hope we will break the bank for a real star signing. I hope 2 more stikers to be signed , both relatively proven.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Doubt they'll be 2 strikers playing in front of him . Will be a 5 man midfield

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Hughton has confirmed that Pascal Gross will play the number 10 role for us, do you guys think we will also be signing another striker to play ahead of him? or stick with Murray & Hemed for that....?

Yes, was slightly surprised at that as thought he might also be AM in a 4-4-2 with Baldock and Murray as 2 in can win games against PL2 (PL1 being top 7, different story); this suggests he and Bladock are unlikely to play together.

Independently of this, I think we are sure to go for one more lead striker; the rumours are crap but enough about to suggest we are sniffing. Muzza is 34, Hemed is question mark, must have another.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Source, please?

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/15304540.Midfielder_Aaron_Mooy_on_Albion_s_radar/

Meanwhile, boss Chris Hughton has confirmed former Ingolstadt playmaker Gross, 25, will be used in the number ten role after identifying the position as a target area in The Argus last week.

Hughton has watched Gross twice, before his signing was confirmed and in Sunday’s farewell to relegated Ingolstadt against Schalke.

“He’s a number ten,” Hughton said. “Generally he has played a higher role in a 4-3-3.

“One of the options I would like to have is a specific number ten and that’s where I see him.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
I think so, we are obviously after a proper CM to play alongside Dale. Whether it turns out to be Mooy or not probably depends somewhat on how Hudds fair on Monday.

I'm not a massive fan of the apparent collective amnesia about Kayal. Last year's PotS struggles to return to form in the latter days of this one... now automatically shit it would seem according to many.

Thrilled about Gross, to stay on-topic. Seems like a classically smart piece of business. Looking forward to seeing him play.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I'm not a massive fan of the apparent collective amnesia about Kayal. Last year's PotS struggles to return to form in the latter days of this one... now automatically shit it would seem according to many.

Thrilled about Gross, to stay on-topic. Seems like a classically smart piece of business. Looking forward to seeing him play.
I think that's a little harsh. Kayal does need to get back to his pre injury heights to get picked now and he ( and Stephens) need some top competition in that area to allow for the step up in class we will face over the course of the season.

That's a long way from saying Kayal is shit.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Doubt they'll be 2 strikers playing in front of him . Will be a 5 man midfield

I think Groß suits a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3 as a central playmaker in the '3' in midfield.

I'd like to see us sign someone similar to Baldock and maybe a top young striker on loan like Abraham if we are going to play 4-4-2 (at home?).

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit

I think that's a little harsh. Kayal does need to get back to his pre injury heights to get picked now and he ( and Stephens) need some top competition in that area to allow for the step up in class we will face over the course of the season.

That's a long way from saying Kayal is shit.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I think you misunderstood the first post

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Sidwell and Norwood aren't viable competition for Kayal and Stephens. Good backup but nothing more. We need at least one other to compete, Mooy and A.N.Other will do me lovely. Mooy will be on alot of radars though so I expect us to sign someone less known like Gross.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Exciting. Is it too early to ask when are the fixtures out??

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sidwell and Norwood aren't viable competition for Kayal and Stephens. Good backup but nothing more. We need at least one other to compete, Mooy and A.N.Other will do me lovely. Mooy will be on alot of radars though so I expect us to sign someone less known like Gross.

Not sure how you come to that conclusion, Sidwell played that well this season that Kayal couldn't get a run of games going once he came back from injury. Probably the reason he looked half the player we know he can be. Stephens took a while to get going too after the summer transfer upheavals.

Basically saying I completely disagree with your comments about Sidwell. Norwood is an interesting one, he may well suit the Premier League better than the harum sacrum Championship. He has a sweeter foot on him for free kicks and passes than any of our midfielders. His closing down and tackling is pretty average though.

Not disagreeing that we need another quality midfielder though.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Not sure how you come to that conclusion, Sidwell played that well this season that Kayal couldn't get a run of games going once he came back from injury. Probably the reason he looked half the player we know he can be. Stephens took a while to get going too after the summer transfer upheavals.

Basically saying I completely disagree with your comments about Sidwell. Norwood is an interesting one, he may well suit the Premier League better than the harum sacrum Championship. He has a sweeter foot on him for free kicks and passes than any of our midfielders. His closing down and tackling is pretty average though.

Cool, it'd be boring if we all agreed on everything. I don't think Sidwell is a viable force in the Premier League anymore, the step up will be too much to have him be a consistent competitor for a starting place IMO, he hasn't played much Prem footy since what 2013? I think it'll be too much.

Agreed on Norwood though to be fair, my assumption of him not being good enough was probably rash, he is on the younger side and there is a reason he was so good at Reading, I hope we can get that out of him.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Agree with pretty much all of that. I do think Norwood can benefit from the step up. It will suit him but both he and Stephens need to stop giving the ball away cheaply between the penalty area and centre circle. If they do what they did last season it will cost us goals that could send us back down. Mooy is the perfect candidate for me. £10m but if Hudds go up I think he will go to them ahead of us.
Gross will hopefully develop as a genuine 10..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here