Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is anybody still worried that we will not get automatic promotion?

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
I'm obviously eager for us to absolutely seal the deal as soon as possible, as all the time it's not mathematically certain, I feel like we can't allow ourselves to get carried away.

Then I think to myself: if we were in Huddersfield's position looking up, we'd be thinking there was no chance of Brighton slipping up, or of making up that points difference in the games left over.

Exactly, I think huddersfield are now mentally preparing for the playoffs. Sensibly so

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I'm obviously eager for us to absolutely seal the deal as soon as possible, as all the time it's not mathematically certain, I feel like we can't allow ourselves to get carried away.

Then I think to myself: if we were in Huddersfield's position looking up, we'd be thinking there was no chance of Brighton slipping up, or of making up that points difference in the games left over.

If we were in Huddersfield's position we would be wetting about staying in POs.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I check the other clubs forums from time to time. Recently they've ALL thrown in the towel on auto promotion. We've broke their hope.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Jim, how long have I known you? Nearly 20 years. Always a measured and sensible bloke. And now you have turned into a pitch invading chav numpty. I am frankly appalled and saddened. And appalled. :lolol::bigwave:

It's ever since he moved to the North Stand with that other 'geezer'.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Not worried in the slightest, in fact I think we will win the league at Villa.

As a Brighton fan it is very rare to feel this confident about anything, but I am sat here over looking the Adriatic Sea on holiday with a warm fuzzy feeling knowing our time has come and everybody deserves a pat on the back for helping this club achieve its goal...

I love this team, club, supporters and chairman.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Not worried in the slightest, in fact I think we will win the league at Villa.

As a Brighton fan it is very rare to feel this confident about anything, but I am sat here over looking the Adriatic Sea on holiday with a warm fuzzy feeling knowing our time has come and everybody deserves a pat on the back for helping this club achieve its goal...

I love this team, club, supporters and chairman.

All of this, it's an odd unnatural feeling, and it scares me a bit, but I am truly confident and I have been ever since I analysed the run ins six weeks ago. We did a lot of the hard work earlier in the season and are just knocking down bang average teams now whilst the others play each other. Our position was always much better than it looked in the league because of the final run in we had.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Huddersfield have a big thread on playoff dates and don't fancy their own chances

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I don't think it matters what the fans think, it's all physiological. It takes the pressure off and the same for the team. I would think the pressure is on Newcastle and Us to cross the finish line, the closer it gets the more pressure. They play before we kick off and a win for them turns up the pressure.

kjgood

Every thing seems to point towards it is more or less done, six points from five games should be easy. Include the possibility that Huddersfield may drop points against Preston, Derby, Fulham or even Cardiff and its even more likely. But i've been a BHA fan for many, many, years ...............................................................................................................................................

Surely we have to be just about there? please?

Last edited:

Chickenlittle

Feb 6, 2017
South coast
I just think records are there to be made and broken. One day a club will blow a 12 point lead with 5 games to go. I seem to remember Newcastle blowing a 12 point lead, losing 5 in a row when Kevin Keegan was the manager.
Yeah, thanks for that! I was one of the 99.9% ers until this post....:ffsparr:

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
My analogy of the situation is weather related. Over the last few weeks I've been hit by a Hurricane of emotions, lack of sleep, wake up and start thinking about different permutations. After QPR I'm now in the eye of it. Feeling calm, no longer nervous, don't think about different permutations, no more "what if this happens" and then "what if that happens" etc.

I know that once we get promoted, then I'll be pounded again by the other side of the hurricane of emotions, the elation, the "no doubt" crying that we've finally got there, the remembering of key matches over the season and key moments of the past 20 years (Stoooorrrreeeeeeerrrr!). Along with the excitement and trepidation as to what will happen next season. On top of all that, the battle with the Toon for the title.

So yeah I can't wait to experience the rest of it :eek:)

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Several weeks ago I thought that we would lose only one more match and that would be this next one at Wolves. It was just a hunch I had.

I don't even think that now and I have a reason for thinking differently.

My thoughts are now that we won't play with any fear or complacency and in doing so I think this game could even turn into one of our best performances of the season. I think we will go out tomorrow and play football, football, football. I think everything we try will come off and now am contemplating an excellent dazzling display at Milineaux. The flair players will come into their element and I think the TV Viewers. Fans and neutrals will be left purring as to how good we can be on our day.

I went for a 1-1 on the score predictor but if I were to vote again I would go for a 4-0 Albion Victory. So not worried in the slightest

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here