Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich Tickets (Now on SKY: Friday 21st April, kick-off 7.45pm)

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I'm interested in their (Huddersfield and Newcastle) results this season naturally - but I could never commit an hour and half of my life to watching one of their games.
I'll be watching Bristol City v Hudds on Friday just in hoping to see a favourable result for us

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Sky revealed the figures (prior to our match at home to Newcastle).

Of the 13 fixtures that generated the highest number of viewers, the Albion featured in none of them.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/590885/Championship-most-viewers-TV-viewing-figures-popular-sportgalleries

Most matches are around 250k watching

Be interesting to see the figures below that top 13 as it seems very influenced by the presence of Villa and Newcastle in the championship. Say a top 13 without those 2 present as their dominance is inevitable.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I don't understand how you could be angered by this.
Esp considering you believe this match could quite easily be 'the' match.

For me the fact that it's gone to a Friday night, when it could have been a Saturday midday/5.30, or Sunday - all much more achievable - is the issue. There will be people who go to the majority of away games who may now miss "the" match - although I think it'll go to at least the last 2.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Sky revealed the figures (prior to our match at home to Newcastle).

Of the 13 fixtures that generated the highest number of viewers, the Albion featured in none of them.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/590885/Championship-most-viewers-TV-viewing-figures-popular-sportgalleries

Most matches are around 250k watching

It was a different story last season (at least, halfway through the season). Albion had the highest average viewing figure (more than Leeds United) - Derby County: It's Brighton who are most popular Championship side shown on Sky TV

[TWEET]682249629954478080[/TWEET]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That really is piss-poor isn't it!
You would have thought so, until compared with Sky 'Super Sunday' only getting over 3 million, once.
While BT's highest viewing figure is considerably less than 2 million.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
So I make that all our remaining away games bar Villa ( Villa game might still be ) are on TV. Great news for us bad fans that can't travel to all away games.

Yeah, it's good that more fans can enjoy watching the away games, obviously it's going to inconvenience some people that travel away but that's the price of having a team that's attractive to watch. :)

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Friends have booked a boat and had planned to be Moored in Norwich on the Saturday and I was driving up Saturday and staying with a friend. I'll now watch the game at home and still drive up Saturday morning and go up the coast stay with my friend who hates football. I always thought they would change this fixture.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Well wont need to use someone elses loyalty points for this one now. So mo need to have the ID police there Mr B

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Where have I said that? Don't you agree its good that by being on TV more Albion fans can watch their team. Not everybody has the finances/health to travel all over the country :shrug:

I think that aspect is fine, the more the merrier. As important though, especially in a tense and tight run-in is that the team has support both home and away. Continual unsociable times can only reduce the away gathering and subsequent vocal encouragement. Still, whatever will be, will indeed be.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Where have I said that? Don't you agree its good that by being on TV more Albion fans can watch their team. Not everybody has the finances/health to travel all over the country :shrug:

I totally disagree....Why can't they think of the fans that travel up and down the country every other week, supporting the team, the same faces week in week out! Would be nice for once that they thought about them! Fat Chance though!

Hate this part of modern football sooo much...

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Anyone know the dates that Sky have to tell us about when they (inevitably) change the Bristol City game?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
In West Sussex it is - East Sussex go back the week before. Luckily I work in West Sussex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It;s not just about East and West Sussex - Brighton schools don't fall under the control of either of these, it being a unitary authority.

It is in the Brighton School holidays.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Fecking Sky will have to drive now, grrrrrr

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I totally disagree....Why can't they think of the fans that travel up and down the country every other week, supporting the team, the same faces week in week out! Would be nice for once that they thought about them! Fat Chance though!

Hate this part of modern football sooo much...

Sky don't give a toss about ticket buying football fans, Sky should contribute towards the cost of an away fans ticket if they move a match for the benefit of armchair fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here