Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BZ image rights

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Initially, I thought that, while this is a shame, it's perfectly reasonable for the club (&/or Bobby himself) to protect Bobby's image rights. After all, it's a revenue stream for one or both of them.

So - I thought I'd check out equally big name stars (*inserts tongue in cheek*) - CR and Messi. Both are on the site. Hmmm.

Ah OK - it must be that the website isn't known in Spain. If I check big English names - they'll be blocked too. Rooney and Terry. Both on the site too. HMMMM.

Whoever has asked the website to remove Bobby's image has played a "fail", imo. If images of the 4 players I mention above are available on the site, it's hard to see why Bobby's isn't.

They tweeted NSC back saying Van Persie was the only other player they had to remove for legal reasons.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Initially, I thought that, while this is a shame, it's perfectly reasonable for the club (&/or Bobby himself) to protect Bobby's image rights. After all, it's a revenue stream for one or both of them.

So - I thought I'd check out equally big name stars (*inserts tongue in cheek*) - CR and Messi. Both are on the site. Hmmm.

Ah OK - it must be that the website isn't known in Spain. If I check big English names - they'll be blocked too. Rooney and Terry. Both on the site too. HMMMM.

Whoever has asked the website to remove Bobby's image has played a "fail", imo. If images of the 4 players I mention above are available on the site, it's hard to see why Bobby's isn't.
RVP is the only player they've ever had to 'remove' before.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What about your 'I SAT in FIRST Class with [MENTION=38]Beach Hut[/MENTION]' T shirt ?

My marketing assistant will arrange these. News of the big signing has arrived in Fuertaventura

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
So who's going to trawl through all their shirts to see if they can find another player who looks quite like BZ and use that one instead?

WeAreTheSWC

Dec 5, 2013
Falmer
Nothing new here, we produced an Ulloa t-shirt a couple of years ago (with the permission of the photographer) to raise money for the SWC Supporters Fund and were ordered to remove it almost immediately it went on our website. We then asked Cult Zeros how they got away with what they produce and they said they tried to 'fly under the clubs radar'.

Not to mention the issues we had with the phrase 'BHAFC' which the club coincidentally trademarked the day after we produced a hoodie with it on :shootself

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Not to mention the issues we had with the phrase 'BHAFC' which the club coincidentally trademarked the day after we produced a hoodie with it on :shootself

Unbelievable. Except that one can totally believe it.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Have to use 'Albion' then, as that would be unprotectable. Or South Saxon Albion, does what it says on the tin. ( Reclaim the Team.)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
So who's going to trawl through all their shirts to see if they can find another player who looks quite like BZ and use that one instead?

600fb9ebd291f6cdaa58b5f0ede39e43.jpg

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Hopefully the club don't get wind of TSLR's gear and stop them selling that. It is MILES better than anything on offer in the club shop

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Hopefully the club don't get wind of TSLR's gear and stop them selling that. It is MILES better than anything on offer in the club shop

From what I recall, I don't see how they can. The TSLR guys, smartly I assume, have kept to logos and wording that could not be protected by the club.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Well done The Albion. I have tried to explain to any naysayers I see, that this signing is as much about the commercial side as the playing side. He won't score a hatful of goals like the old Bobby but, he'll score a few, make a few more, give the club a lift, start a bit of pre-season buzz and anticipation and probably shift more shirts with his name on than the shop can cope with. If the club plans to sell Zamora merchandise, T- shirts etc to capitolise and help fund the deal either directly or indirectly with Bobby, then I applaud every aspect of this deal. Barber in!

Exactly this.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

TOP DEFINITION
llf
An acronym which complete ****tards use mostly over msn. It stands for "laugh like ****".
girl-1: wat did the chimaney say 2 da ofer chimaney?
girl-2: duno wat
girl-1: UR 2 YONG 2 SMOKE
girl-2: LLF
by poopmeister May 21, 2005
298 110

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Absolutely pathetic. Another example of the club acting "big time" despite us not being Premier League.

Have the club ever made a polo about a player worth buying?

Is the average cult zeroes buyer really going to look for a (non customisable) 20 quid t-shirt from the club shop instead?

*sigh* Barbernomics in play rather than common sense these days. All about the money, nothing else. Fair play if it makes us cash, but I'd wager it won't.

So when we first moved back to Withers and had a moderately successful team they were quite inventive with things like this. They had a range of t-shirts modeled on the cult zeros silhouette of a players head with a quip based caption beneath that were actually very good - think there were ones for Zamora, Oatway, FDM and Nathan Jones for a start. So yes, yes they have made similar things of similar standard before and I hope they do likewise this time.

As for your Barberism and Big Time comments they really do beggar belief. Get with the program and realise that if we're ever to become 'big time' in your eyes and make it to the Premier league then we need to scrap for every penny out there. Yes it might be heavy handed to suggest that a smaller company like Cult Zeros cant market an item with BZ's face on it but you might want to stop and think if they've pulled this one why haven't they pulled all the others representing former Albion players if it's about being big time? Maybe, god forbid, Bobby himself has his image rights patented and therefore that's why it's been pulled by order of his representatives and not by the club.

So quick to attack. It's boring.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Me too. I'll have to get in quick for a Calde one, before the club embargoes him.

I've tweeted CZ to see whether there is a way they can come to an agreement with the club - they in turn tweeted the Albion to see if some kind of charitable donation from the profits might be a way of ironing things out. Here's hoping.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here