Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What type of person are you? (It might be used in evidence against you?)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Used to use it as one of a number of tests in the recruitment process. Primarily to check whether the type of person portrayed in the interview matched the type of person portrayed on the test. If they did, it added weight to interview process that what you saw was what you were getting. If not, it may be worth further investigation at a second interview if you thought the candidate was worth it.

(And, in my experience on these tests, people can and will change a bit, depending on the environment and people they work with. However, asking them to do something completely outside of their area may not be a good idea).

That's how I see it being used.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
This survey of course relies on the premice that you think Carl Jung and all he said is the indesputable truth.

It's not the be all and end all.
This particular test is best complemented with others. It's about 75% accurate, i presume most of the inaccuracy stems from humans simply not knowing themselves well enough.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Parlour Game

It's not the be all and end all.
This particular test is best complemented with others. It's about 75% accurate, i presume most of the inaccuracy stems from humans simply not knowing themselves well enough.

The harshest critics accuse the system of Confirmation bias and just another form of astrology. i.e. not accurate at all. The Forer effect may apply.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers–Briggs_Type_Indicator#Reliability

I think most of the test are poorly devised. Secondly, the people organising the tests don't know what they are doing. So what seems like a good idea in theory, in practice is a bit crappy.

It forms only a tiny part of a psychology degree (hearsay from an employment psychologist). A few years ago it played absolutely no part in recruitment (human relations hearsay) but it is gaining mainstream use (hearsay from the same person two years later).

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
A few years ago it played absolutely no part in recruitment (human relations hearsay) but it is gaining mainstream use (hearsay from the same person two years later).

I retired 4 years ago and was using it for over 10 years prior to that :)

*edit* But i was always getting into trouble for ignoring HR

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Last edited:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I wonder how many employers used it that have Companies represented in the Bell cheeses at work thread?

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
From the stories I've heard about you, as well as the posts I've seen, If I had to describe you in a four letter word, it certainly wouldn't be INTP, although it would have an NT in there.

2+2 = 5 Someone is making up stories.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Mine came up as ****.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
what do I put when I have an equal number of As and Bs? I've got a choice of 4 at the moment, and looking back at answers I felt undecided upon on another day I could have ended with an even split on every category.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
The problem with self administered tests are self selection biases for starters.

Its like medical diagnosis online, you always end up diagnosing yourself with Cancer as it has so many common symptoms and the self absorption easily drives paranoia..

Didn't do it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here