Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Radio Two and Simon Mayo.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I really can't stand Mayo he does my head in. He's so corporate BBC and the way he reads out praise for his shows makes me want to puke

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Through gritted teeth I managed to listen for 10 minutes just now.... then turned it off.

They're about as compatible as a newly divorced husband and wife who have piss all in common and don't like each other in the slightest.

Painful to listen to...

I'd put two ejector seats in the studio, let Mayo start again somewhere else, give Wylie a job as car park attendant, and get a brand new presenter in.

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I really can't stand Mayo he does my head in. He's so corporate BBC and the way he reads out praise for his shows makes me want to puke

Think you might have confused Mayo with Steve Wright ..... you know, the one with 'comedy' 15 years out of date and that laughs at his own jokes.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not radio 2 but gutted my Radio 6 afternoon listening has gone given Marc Riley time off due to illness. The new bloke is a bit crap, no wonder he is currently on at 5am

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Jo Wiley has ruined it.
Like she has sucked the life out of him.

Totally. She has zero personality. They just don't connect. I use to listen especially on a Friday with the request show but not anymore. It's a shame i use to enjoy it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not radio 2 but gutted my Radio 6 afternoon listening has gone given Marc Riley time off due to illness. The new bloke is a bit crap, no wonder he is currently on at 5am

Radcliffe.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Radcliffe.
I can't believe they're binning R&M off in the afternoons and shifting then to the weekend. Their show is the best thing on the radio. Really pissed off about that. I suppose the good thing now is I'll be able to listen to their show on iPlayer during the week but they really should be on every day.

Nearly as bad as when they replaced Mark and Lard with Colin Murray and Edith Bowman on Radio 1 (which was on all day where I used to work).

Actually nothing will ever be as bad as that, radio wise. Replacing piss funny, total genius, great music playing presenters with one of the worst shows ever. It still makes me a bit angry.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't believe they're binning R&M off in the afternoons and shifting then to the weekend. Their show is the best thing on the radio. Really pissed off about that. I suppose the good thing now is I'll be able to listen to their show on iPlayer during the week but they really should be on every day.

Nearly as bad as when they replaced Mark and Lard with Colin Murray and Edith Bowman on Radio 1 (which was on all day where I used to work).

Actually nothing will ever be as bad as that, radio wise. Replacing piss funny, total genius, great music playing presenters with one of the worst shows ever. It still makes me a bit angry.

They are being replaced by Shaun Keaveny, so it's not all bad.

Knocky's Nose

May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Think you might have confused Mayo with Steve Wright ..... you know, the one with 'comedy' 15 years out of date and that laughs at his own jokes.

A close friend of one of my employees was on the Steve Wright in the afternoon production team. He is well known for being a miserable, bad tempered, rude, self important, insincere wanker.

Aside from that I'm sure he's bloody lovely! ???

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
A close friend of one of my employees was on the Steve Wright in the afternoon production team. He is well known for being a miserable, bad tempered, rude, self important, insincere wanker.

Aside from that I'm sure he's bloody lovely! ???
I've no idea how he's still employed. It's the same show that he did on Radio 1 25 years ago. It was shit, not funny and "todally" a total cringefest then.

"Godda ledder here from Ann in High Wycombe...

'Hi Steve, love the show!'"

*wankers in background whoop*

"Yeah, ha, thanks Ann! So anyway, lader on we've got Michael McIntyre on the show!..."

*background wankers cheer*

"... Funny guy, amazing."

Chief wanker - "Med him meself once Steve, funny guy!"

Etc.

**** OFF.

Knocky's Nose

May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
'Hi Steve, love the show!'"

He was part of the technical team, not production. I assume that lot wore jackets with shoulder pads and had 'big hair'.....

Yep... funny how they all say "love your little show" isn't it. He's so insincere it makes me cringe.

I do know a minor(ish) celeb who went on his show about 18 months ago and he was gobsmacked by how fat he was now. His exact words were "bloody hell.. honestly.. he looked like Steve Wright, after he'd eaten Steve Wright ..." :lolol:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
He was part of the technical team, not production. I assume that lot wore jackets with shoulder pads and had 'big hair'.....

Yep... funny how they all say "love your little show" isn't it. He's so insincere it makes me cringe.

I do know a minor(ish) celeb who went on his show about 18 months ago and he was gobsmacked by how fat he was now. His exact words were "bloody hell.. honestly.. he looked like Steve Wright, after he'd eaten Steve Wright ..." [emoji38]ol:
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I do know a minor(ish) celeb who went on his show about 18 months ago and he was gobsmacked by how fat he was now. His exact words were "bloody hell.. honestly.. he looked like Steve Wright, after he'd eaten Steve Wright ..." :lolol:

Christ he's huge now. He also looks like he's not allowed within in 500yards of any schools

Knocky's Nose

May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Well he's always looked like that tbf.

When 'Operation Yewtree' got all turbo-charged I genuinely reckoned he'd be one of the first to be hauled in! It would appear he just looks suspicious....

I've just imagined Jo Whiley and Steve Wright as a double act now... Can I wash my brain please. :glare:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
When 'Operation Yewtree' got all turbo-charged I genuinely reckoned he'd be one of the first to be hauled in! It would appear he just looks suspicious....

I've just imagined Jo Whiley and Steve Wright as a double act now... Can I wash my brain please. :glare:

*Vomits*

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003

PAY-MAIN-Steve-Wright.jpg

:eek:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I used to like Mayo's Drive time Show...and I used to like Jo Wiley's evening show when I was out and about picking up the kids etc, but together? No thanks....just doesn't work.
I enjoyed Steve Wrights shows years ago too, but these days give it a wide berth as its well past its sell by date. Dont get me started on Serious Jockin' (no G) either, does my F*****' head in (no G)

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Looking at those pictures I think its fair to say Steve Wright has given up on his tv career

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here