Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Flasks banned from the Amex

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
A real community club would ban flasks but on really cold days hand out vouchers at the turnstile on entry for one free hot drink.
(Rather have a free drink than a tacky flag anyday)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just another example of how our country is changing bit by bit due to the threat of islamic extremists. Wake up and smell the coffee (but not in your flask). It's only going to get worse. I predict airport style scanner at every major public venue within ten years and at football stadia with five. I believe there are US stadia where you can only bring in a clear bag (airport style). It almost seems inevitable that there will be a major terrorist attack at a football match one day, then that's it, total lock down.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
....and isn't the interior lining glass anyway? Maybe not if it doesn't keep it hot.

No. Essentially it's a plastic mug with a lid. Take a tin of soup to work, empty into the mug, microwave it for two minutes and that's lunch.

Maybe football clubs could provide microwaves on the concourses now? :wink:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Just another example of how our country is changing bit by bit due to the threat of islamic extremists. Wake up and smell the coffee (but not in your flask). It's only going to get worse. I predict airport style scanner at every major public venue within ten years and at football stadia with five. I believe there are US stadia where you can only bring in a clear bag (airport style). It almost seems inevitable that there will be a major terrorist attack at a football match one day, then that's it, total lock down.

Always been a threat of one kind of extremists or another. Being scared is sometimes good for business too.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Perhaps Barber should start clamping down on those supporters that are helping themselves to a cup of tea at home before a trip to the Amex. This is actually smuggling a hot drink in. I'm thinking about emailing the club to suggest a wastewater charge. 20p to use the toilets? I'm sure this could be charged to people's smart season ticket cards or contactless debit cards rather than asking for people to search for change? Maybe 50p for a poo?

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
Upon entering the Amex and once given the all-cIear from the steward regarding my bag, I was astonished to hear that from now on, supporters are no longer allowed to bring a flask into the ground for 'safety reasons'. I am very miffed about this as I like a nice cuppa at halftime in particular and especially in inclement winter weather at evening games.

I asked two other stewards for further clarification but they repeated the mantra that it was for 'safety reasons' and that some people had been taking liberties with alcohol in flasks. In my opinion that is absolute bull as a person behaving like that could be warned and then if there was repetition, banned.

I asked whether it was specifically flasks and what the guidance was for a hot drink in a plastic beaker. The steward in question said that was a good question and that he didn't know the answer to that.

I am blowed if I am going to pay for a cup of tea from the kiosk when it would mean missing some of the match as the queues are horrendous and will only be exacerbated by the hundreds of flaskless individuals who now have to get their fix from the club.

Anyone else hit this problem today?

What, even this one?

Flask.jpg

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I took a bag of flapjacks into the North stand, yesterday left over from my birthday party on Saturday night. No problems at all. They were delicious at half time.

Happy Birthday TB.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
No. Essentially it's a plastic mug with a lid. Take a tin of soup to work, empty into the mug, microwave it for two minutes and that's lunch.

Maybe football clubs could provide microwaves on the concourses now? :wink:

Soup on its own is not lunch. Have a cheese toastie with it however, and now you’re talking!

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
It's pathetic if the club are stopping people bringing their own tea/coffee in the hope they spend more at the kiosks! Sad indictment of the way the club is going and doesn't reflect well on TB. Difficult to believe that bringing your own sandwiches and/or tea/coffee is having a financial detriment to the club.

agreed

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
If we cant take a flask of hot drinks, can I please have a few patio heaters installed in my row from November onwards?
As we all know, it gets frickin' freezing inside the Amex during the winter, and I dont want to have to keep popping out to get the kids a hot (luke warm) chocolate 2 or 3 times a game....

FFS

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
A suicide bomber could easily hide a bomb under clothing especially under winter coats. I think consideration should be given to only way to get 100% safety and that is to ban all spectators.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
someone that sits near us has always had a flask. I always thought he looked suspicious and with this news out in open now know I was right

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here