Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No trains Sunday Barnham <--> Brighton

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
i dont know the club dont note this when the TV want to move the game.

The club have no choice

This is not an issue for Southern or Network rail - its what happens when you get to the big league you are on TV on a Sunday far more often. The rail companies set the timetable well before the game is scheduled

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
the trains are a vital part of the system , the fact that the lines have been left to rack and ruin is is just another indication at how shit we have become at running things.

Doesn't every rail network in the world have planned engineering works?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Doesn't every rail network in the world have planned engineering works?

yes...but it used to be done at night .....like the roads......less bother for everyone.....not today though......can't expect all the foreigners to communicate in the dark ffs....

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'm not normally one to speak for the rail industry but, in this case, you're being unfair. Rail works would have been decided about a year ago, well before a football match was arranged. And possibly before a conference was too (not sure of the timings of that).

Is that really the case. I booked some train tickets for the end of November a few days ago and there was a big message that Southern did not know if there were any engineering works that day so it was too early.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Well that's a fairly significantly sized kick in the knickers. I have to travel in from Portsmouth for this one, luckily it's the only time I'll ever have to say that phrase!

Anyone with experience of the rail replacements - are they generally quick along the coast?

Given your running ability and the speed of the 700 bus, I think there's only one sensible solution here.....................

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Just booked a return on Seagull Travel. Sorted.

Did you nab the last ones from anything remotely this way or am I on the wrong Seagull Travel

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Is that really the case. I booked some train tickets for the end of November a few days ago and there was a big message that Southern did not know if there were any engineering works that day so it was too early.

From Network Rail's website

"Our timetables are planned 12 months in advance, and we schedule in the time needed for planned works to improve the rail network."

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The 700 is an option, although the match ticket doesn't cover the cost of the trip (£4.60 single / £7.80 rtn). The last 700 bus to Littlehampton on Sunday leaves Old Steine at 19.15 (Churchill Square at 19.22).

Bus replacement service it is.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

SpidersLegs

Feb 2, 2007
Here & there
Engineering works are planned upto 18 months in advance & these would, I'm sure, be taken into account by the FA when the fixtures were compiled. But then sky come along & **** it all up!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The 700 bus service will run to and from bus stop Q at The Old Steine not the usual bus stop T. There are buses every 15 mins between Brighton and Worthing until 1130pm as confirmed via email to me from Stagecoach

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Looks like I'll be getting the bike out then. Ahh well it'll do me good, I need to get my lazy arse moving.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here