Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
***BIKE WANTED***

I'm about to embark on the usual trawl through all available sites, but figured I might as well start here.

I'm after a 53 - 54 inch roadie for jnrs birthday in Nov (so expect to see this :bounce:d a few times)..
If I can't match my wish list I'll end up buying him a new one, which I don't really want to do.

So naturally there's a catch.

I basically have a spare bikes worth of Italian components, so I'm hoping to buy a bike, strip it down then rebuild it together.
I'm not bothered about the quality just so long as the frame is 100%.

I very nearly bought a Bianchi that had seen considerably better days for £120, which would have been ideal, but at that moment things got complicated and I couldn't.

If anyone knows of something similar, sitting around collecting dust, or has club mates who do, I'd love to buy the bike.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
***BIKE WANTED***

I'm about to embark on the usual trawl through all available sites, but figured I might as well start here.

I'm after a 53 - 54 inch roadie for jnrs birthday in Nov (so expect to see this :bounce:d a few times)..
If I can't match my wish list I'll end up buying him a new one, which I don't really want to do.

So naturally there's a catch.

I basically have a spare bikes worth of Italian components, so I'm hoping to buy a bike, strip it down then rebuild it together.
I'm not bothered about the quality just so long as the frame is 100%.

I very nearly bought a Bianchi that had seen considerably better days for £120, which would have been ideal, but at that moment things got complicated and I couldn't.

If anyone knows of something similar, sitting around collecting dust, or has club mates who do, I'd love to buy the bike.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Bianchi-Road-Bike-Frame-Campagnolo-BB-Crankset-ITM-Stem-/122664340998?hash=item1c8f5d4e06%3Ag%3AaasAAOSwBw1Zde1U&_trkparms=pageci%253A98bda95c-8cf2-11e7-bdf6-74dbd180ed80%257Cparentrq%253A2f86e45515e0a9c518542571ffff6c47%257Ciid%253A8

Could go a job.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

First one, hopefully of many, on the watch list, thanks.
It doesn't have to be Bianchi (although I'm sure Jnr would love the same as me) but naturally a bit of Euro pop is always preferable.
(I ain't buying him a Trek :lol: )

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
How do see today's Vuelta stage playing out? 2 hills to the finish, lots of wet roads. My guess is for Chaves to have a go, and fail.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
How do see today's Vuelta stage playing out? 2 hills to the finish, lots of wet roads. My guess is for Chaves to have a go, and fail.

sky.jpg
train.jpg

Froome.

Preferred scenario. Orica tear it up and Chaves takes some decent chunk of time while Atapuma takes the stage. Doubt either will happen unfortunately.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
First one, hopefully of many, on the watch list, thanks.
It doesn't have to be Bianchi (although I'm sure Jnr would love the same as me) but naturally a bit of Euro pop is always preferable.
(I ain't buying him a Trek :lol: )

Not sure what your exact budget is SB, but if you already have all the parts, want a cool frameset in Albion colours from a good old British name that will take mudguards, thus teaching the lad rule 9, then I think you could do a lot worse than this:

https://www.dolan-bikes.com/dolan-preffisio-aluminium-road-frameset.html

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not sure what your exact budget is SB, but if you already have all the parts, want a cool frameset in Albion colours from a good old British name that will take mudguards, thus teaching the lad rule 9, then I think you could do a lot worse than this:

https://www.dolan-bikes.com/dolan-preffisio-aluminium-road-frameset.html

Thanks, I wouldn't mind shaving a least £50 off the price, as £200 is bordering complete territory, although a new frameset would be easier to wrap!
As said I think my head may have been turned by an almost 'once in a lifetime' deal that I couldn't make happen.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Thanks, I wouldn't mind shaving a least £50 off the price, as £200 is bordering complete territory, although a new frameset would be easier to wrap!
As said I think my head may have been turned by an almost 'once in a lifetime' deal that I couldn't make happen.

Something a bit different, if you don't mind posted without having seen it in the flesh. Veloce BB too, so probably fitting the bits you already have?

https://www.gumtree.com/p/bicycles/...54cm-7020-alu-carbon-race-geometry/1258945593

I can't find info on the make though. Possibly a Wilier?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
That's right in the wheelhouse, thanks.
There might even be some spare cash left for a new bespoke paint job.

Was thinking about that paint job with the extra cash seeing as he said it's a bit tatty. If you opt for celeste though then all of us will be on the phone to social services I hope you know.

Btw, after a bit more digging, Easton comes up several times, and yet there's no mention of forks, handlebars or seatposts. Perhaps Easton did/do make frames as well? My money is still on Wilier though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Was thinking about that paint job with the extra cash seeing as he said it's a bit tatty. If you opt for celeste though then all of us will be on the phone to social services I hope you know.
Rookie mistake, I didn't check it's location thinking Gumtree was a local thing - Falkirk - feck me.

Naturally the paint scheme would be chosen to show off the celeste bar tape.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Rookie mistake, I didn't check it's location thinking Gumtree was a local thing - Falkirk - feck me.

Naturally the paint scheme would be chosen to show off the celeste bar tape.

The clue was in this bit....... if you don't mind posted without having seen it in the flesh.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Right then, I thought chafing was a myth but now I have a 2cm sore on the side of my left bollock. Christ, its like an effing paper cut. I'll dig the deep heat out.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Right then, I thought chafing was a myth but now I have a 2cm sore on the side of my left bollock. Christ, its like an effing paper cut. I'll dig the deep heat out.

Not wearing anything under your bib shorts are you? That'll do it if you are.

It's the reason why the only 2nd hand cycling kit I wont buy is bib shorts/tights. I never wear anything under mine.

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
May I be so bold as to suggest you hobble off to the chemist for some chafing cream?
My eyes are watering at the thought of deep heat on a chafed scrote.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Not wearing anything under your bib shorts are you? That'll do it if you are.

It's the reason why the only 2nd hand cycling kit I wont buy is bib shorts/tights. I never wear anything under mine.

No but I have done plenty of times with no problem.

It was the new shorts, second time out. Only noticed a problem when in the shower.

I must have had the full list of cyclo-bollock medical conditions now.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
No but I have done plenty of times with no problem.

It was the new shorts, second time out. Only noticed a problem when in the shower.

I must have had the full list of cyclo-bollock medical conditions now.

Judging by your updates on here I think you've had the full list and then some! :lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here