• Always browser

Votes: 230 73.2%
  • What's Tapatalk?

Votes: 30 9.6%

• Total voters

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Signed up for tapatalk when it first started, emailed them recently and got a free upgrade to pro version. No adds and works a dream. Was way too many adverts on free version though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just tried it. One question was this supposed to be a link to NSC on this script or is it just the forum test script with loads of admin type threads/posts just for us to get an idea of the look/feel?

The logging in/out all the time is what puts me off from using it via safari or any other browser tbh. That might be lazy but Tappatalk is excellent for skimming what's going on, notifications etc when zipping between meetings and wanting a mooch about or a quick reply. Would probably not use it as much if this method was cut off.

I think this depends on whether you follow that poster via Tappatalk or not rather than specific tappatalk settings.
Ok thanks Brenda [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I would only get rid of Tapatalk if I could implement a decent mobile responsive theme for the site.

Those who like Tapatalk, try this from your phone: https://sultantheme.com/vb4forum/forum.php

Just tried this and although fine, doesn't allow for the customisation Tapatalk has as far as I can see. What would be the advantages of using this format over the current mobile version of NSC which is pretty decent? Incidentally, why doesn't that allow for notifications?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I would only get rid of Tapatalk if I could implement a decent mobile responsive theme for the site.

Those who like Tapatalk, try this from your phone: https://sultantheme.com/vb4forum/forum.php

Looks like that would work well.

I use Tapatalk for other forums, so I wouldn't be able to ditch it even if I wanted to.

I don't get all the comments about it being difficult to use and full of adverts. What adverts? Is it just because I got the Pro version years ago that I don't see any?

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
I only use safari on the iPhone and am permantly signed in.

The only thing that annoys me is you have to type slow otherwise auto correct goes mental. To demonstrate I will now type my first line at full speed.

I only only use safari on the iPhone and am perminantly signed in.

Unbelievable... it didn't do it

I only use safari on the iPhone Andy am permantly signed in.
I only is right safari on the iPhone and am permantly signed in.
I only identify safari on the iPhone and am permantly signed in

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
I used to use Tapatalk all the time on my phone but stopped using it when they wanted to charge me for a download when I changed my phone. Since then I have had no option but to use the BrowserIt is is a bit fiddly though, trying to get print to readable size. Also I can never seem to save my login details so need to login regularly.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I used it for a while as it's easier to upload photos to from your phone, but I gave up using it about a year ago as everything else was so much worse it wasn't worth the hassle.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Never used Tapatalk and have no inclination to do so. My gripe with it is the number of posts which have an extra, unnecessary and annoying extra line added:-

"Sent from my state of the art device which is much cooler than yours using Tapatalk." Yeugh!

Several posters on this thread seem to have managed to inform us they use Tapatalk without that message popping up - can other Tapatalk users do that too? Any way it can be made normal for it to just not appear?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I only use safari on the iPhone and am permantly signed in.

The only thing that annoys me is you have to type slow otherwise auto correct goes mental. To demonstrate I will now type my first line at full speed.

I only only use safari on the iPhone and am perminantly signed in.

Unbelievable... it didn't do it

I only use safari on the iPhone Andy am permantly signed in.
I only is right safari on the iPhone and am permantly signed in.
I only identify safari on the iPhone and am permantly signed in

Is this an advert for why Apple is crap?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
This poll is odd in that only two people have voted for using Tapatalk mainly, whereas there are loads on here commenting that they use it.

Stumpy Tim

Never used Tapatalk and have no inclination to do so. My gripe with it is the number of posts which have an extra, unnecessary and annoying extra line added:-

"Sent from my state of the art device which is much cooler than yours using Tapatalk." Yeugh!

Several posters on this thread seem to have managed to inform us they use Tapatalk without that message popping up - can other Tapatalk users do that too? Any way it can be made normal for it to just not appear?

I haven't found the option to turn it off. Often I go back and edit my post to delete the extra line, which I'm about to do

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Don't understand the negativity towards tapatalk easy to use and the only way I access NSC. Be a shame to lose it as find the browser access irritating

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Don't you have to do lots of pinching to zoom and get buttons and links a good size to tap etc?

I've only ever needed to zoom in slightly when uploading a picture or changing the font/adding smileys, when it becomes a bit fiddly. Still very easy to navigate on an iPhone 6 screen.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Use it all the time and find it very straightforward. Now showing tweet messages which is a big improvement, still can't vote in polls though. I must have upgraded at some point as I never get any adverts which is a bonus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Don't understand the negativity towards tapatalk easy to use and the only way I access NSC. Be a shame to lose it as find the browser access irritating

I agree with all of that - I only use Tapatalk but the responsive theme I linked to previously should not be irritating at all.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I only visit NCS on tablet and smartphone, I prefer browser and haven't used Tapatalk for a long time. I find this site easy to navigate from a web browser (mainly Safari).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here