Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New signings FM stats

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Surprised this hasn't been done before and hopefully not showing hidden stats means I won't upset SI but had a poke around in the FM17 Editor and got some relevant stats for the signings most of us wouldn't know about. I know many (myself included) deride people for treating FM as gospel but it is a genuine scouting tool now so will likely give a good indication. Scores out of 20 I believe (Not sure what 0 means in this context but don't think it means a score of zero.

Lets start with Mr Subject to Clearance/Medical (Striker 18/20 is interesting)
jose1.pngjose2.pngjose3.pngjose4.png

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Decent. Useful to know. As you say, no it's not the gospel as to how good players are, but some people need to get over the "it's a computer game" thing. Their database is taken very seriously and they have hundreds of scouts, so there will be some objective truth behind this analysis.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Last but by no means least - Ryan

ryan.png

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It might be useful if you could put Knocky's or Stephens ratings up, so people could compare and contrast? Don't worry if not.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Decent. Useful to know. As you say, no it's not the gospel as to how good players are, but some people need to get over the "it's a computer game" thing. Their database is taken very seriously and they have hundreds of scouts, so there will be some objective truth behind this analysis.

Thousands now, If you listen to podcasts, Quickly Kevin will he score, has a whole episode with Miles Jacabson who is one of the FM guys, huge watford fan, they go into a lot of detail about the game of old and how it has changed over the years, They have the largest scouting network in the world, Lots of clubs use their data which is gathered from over 1000 sources and clubs can buy additional data which is not in the game. Really really intresting if you have ever played the games to hear about and even more so when they talk about players found through FM which have then gone on to big things.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Would be interested to know how some of our players compare like for like with Man City's. Particularly as I've, until now, had very little interest in the Premier league.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Would be interested to know how some of our players compare like for like with Man City's. Particularly as I've, until now, had very little interest in the Premier league.
It isn't just these stats - there are 'hidden' stats like potential that have a big impact. Your Messis and the like will have a lot of 18s, 19s and 20s but this isn't and old football game with top scores all around. Here is Aguero for example.

aguero.png

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
What we really need to look at are the hidden stats:

CA and PA

Consistency, Big matches and Injuries

Also '0' means its random.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Just had a quick look at current ability. Jose is 130 with a potential of 137. Aguero is 179 and 183. These are probably more subjective but the other stats are likely closer to the truth.

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
Imagine the 0's are where the data is not available, or not known.

Interesting that Ryan's stats are not particularly high, possibly due to his possible 'decline' over last couple of years.

More concerning is maybe our midfielder's inability to tackle according to those stats. Of course this could possibly be down to the judgement of the scouts.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
What we really need to look at are the hidden stats:

CA and PA

Consistency, Big matches and Injuries

Also '0' means its random.

Propper 142 and 146. The others high 120s - 130s. Ryan is 142 and 157! All seem to have Important matches around 15-16. It's like the club used an FM filter!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here