Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal legend Tony Adams strikes £200m deal to buy Crystal Palace (says Daily Star)

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Some Americans recently bought a large stake in the club, right?

Presumably this story is largely nonsense?
Depends if they bought for less than the rumoured consortium is paying, I guess.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
No, they did not, but they were board members and investors and to avoid going into Administration they agreed to pay off the debtors at a reduced amount. A bit different than going into Admin and not paying local builders, charities and clearing debts and then buying players etc. This is when a nice Mr Archer came in and saved us ???????

Thank you BS.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Yes- you remember that stadium we used to play in, down in Hove? Well- and I imagine this is going to come as news to you- somebody only went and SOLD it without telling us, to pay off the aforementioned debts.

I suppose the alternative would have been to place ourselves in administration (more than once) and rip off all the creditors by paying them a couple of pence in the pound. I wonder where we'd be now if we'd gone down that route? It seems to pay off for some clubs.

Lovely history lesson. The part you have got wrong is that BHAFC agreed to pay a percentage of the money owed to firms to avoid admin. I suppose you could dress it up as ripping off creditors in a nice way, how very Albion.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'll stick to having a far superior team given football is played on the pitch not off it...

LOVE that you can't see the logical correlation between spending money on infrastructure, a decent stadium, top level training and academy, and long term success.

:lolol:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I'll stick to having a far superior team given football is played on the pitch not off it...

That will be decided in the future. If we do go down though we are in a very good position to come back up stronger because of all the infrastructure we have in place on every level. If this happens to you though your return might not be so quick. Your time is running out regardless of what we do.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Lovely history lesson. The part you have got wrong is that BHAFC agreed to pay a percentage of the money owed to firms to avoid admin. I suppose you could dress it up as ripping off creditors in a nice way, how very Albion.

Bugs you doesn't it, the fact we have never gone into admin and you have ripped people off twice in a decade, scum club.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

There is a WORLD of difference between coming to an independent pragmatic agreement with creditors to pay a % of what was owed, and pulling the lever on the ejector seat, and in the process leaving everyone's entire debt that was owed to all those local businesses to crash and burn, save for a penny or two in the £.

Which your grubby outfit did T W I C E, whilst at the same time still retaining your shithole slum to fulfil your artificially preserved 1st / 2nd tier fixtures in.

If you genuinely cannot recognise that fundamental difference in how BHA and CPFC2010 go about their business, then you truly are even more stupid than I thought. That, or in denial. Or grandstanding.

Whatever, it matters not. Your club is filth.

The Raver

Banned
Jun 9, 2017
That will be decided in the future. If we do go down though we are in a very good position to come back up stronger because of all the infrastructure we have in place on every level. If this happens to you though your return might not be so quick. Your time is running out regardless of what we do.

Wishful thinking. We have survived for 4 years now in the Prem, we may not have the infrastructure in terms of stadium but the money we have banked is massive in comparison to yourselves.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

No, she hasn't got it wrong. The majority of creditors were paid in full. A few creditors wanted to help out the Albion by voluntarily taking less than the full amount owed. Some of them accepted 50%.

It was nothing like going into admin where all the creditors got just 2%. Two pence in the pound. That's shocking and yet, you have the gall to come o here and accuse us of lying, just like your club did? Don't judge us by your standards.

Nobody was forced to accept less than they wanted, which happens in administration.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing

That is a very good point and echoed by my Palace mates. Think that is the big difference between the clubs, winning is everything to you guys, but we are just happy to have a community club to support and now we have much better facilities than most clubs, we are happy with that. I will make a prediction, if we go down, we will only lose about 5% of fans, if you go down,maybe 20/30%. Not saying that is right or wrong and know we have fans who think winning is king, but in the main, we are just happy to be watching football in a state of the art stadium, owned by a fan, who has invested from the heart and not people that want to make a buck out of premier league team, like your investors do.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

You are seriously deluded..You CHEATED twice, you don't like it so have to revert to trying to convince us that by selling the ground, we did the same as you?

Come on...you must be one of the plastics that only started supporting CFPC2010 when you got promoted! Go and do some research!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here