Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Scored in a struggling side last year, not prolific by any means but a proper no9! Will sign this week imo!

The two seasons before that though, he scored 10 from 55 La Liga starts with the mighty Valencia. Not sure about his age and pace to be honest but he'd be a reasonable option.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
F@cking tragic window if that's the best we can come up with. CH must be hacked off he hasn't been backed in the window and deserved better.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The two seasons before that though, he scored 10 from 55 La Liga starts with the mighty Valencia. Not sure about his age and pace to be honest but he'd be a reasonable option.
55 appearances, but ~2700 minutes on the pitch ( 30 games ).

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
As I stated last night at 20.04 on another thread and re affirmed this morning my monies on Negrado coming here. Heard it at hospitality on Friday at county ground!

Yeah but who did you here it off? A few Tarquin's quaffing Proseco who have probably only started 'following' the club in the last 6 months, wouldn't persuade me!

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Never been sure what to make of Negredo tbh, Man City saw something in him, but it didn't really happen, he's a big strong boy and maybe a slight upgrade on what we have but ive never thought of him as quick.

I must admit though when Boro signed him last season i thought wow, thats a good signing for them, again though, it didnt really happen.

Too similar to what we have for me, although if Hemed is allowed to leave then, why not. Having said that, maybe thats what Hughton wants an upgrade on Muzza and Tomer, who knows, i would prefer someone with pace, which unless we are going to get our midfielders closer to the number 9, i think we are going to need.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Negredo is on 100k a week at Valencia, can't see it myself unless he is prepared to take a big drop in wages.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Can't help thinking that while a striker who will consistently put the ball in the net is crucial, the bigger contribution to our survival will be a quality defensive midfielder. Very pleased with Suttner and Gross and I think Brown will slot in well. Haven't seen Ryan tested yet. His distribution will be an asset but a goalkeeper needs to stop shots above all else so we will see.

The young right back to understudy Bruno and Rosenior should work out with luck..
Midfielder soon and another winger/secondary striker then an experienced top level striker (loads available to choose from aren't there? :blush:) probably at the very end of the window? Oh, and a third choice keeper and we're done.........

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Can't help thinking that while a striker who will consistently put the ball in the net is crucial, the bigger contribution to our survival will be a quality defensive midfielder. Very pleased with Suttner and Gross and I think Brown will slot in well. Haven't seen Ryan tested yet. His distribution will be an asset but a goalkeeper needs to stop shots above all else so we will see.

The young right back to understudy Bruno and Rosenior should work out with luck..
Midfielder soon and another winger/secondary striker then an experienced top level striker (loads available to choose from aren't there? :blush:) probably at the very end of the window? Oh, and a third choice keeper and we're done.........
A striker that consistently puts the ball in the net at PL level will cost more than the £3m we prefer to spend 10 x more I would imagine. It's only Sky money so what the hell go for it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Next singing has got to be before we go to Spain really.

Ales Mateju can't really hang around in Lancing waiting for them to get back.

Or maybe Negredo will join the squad in Spain ???

Last edited:

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
This weeks a big one really, anyone in after this week won't play a single friendly in the squad which is far from ideal. So frustrating to know that if the Neto deal had gone through we'd be so much closer to a squad that could stay up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here