Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam Baldock

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yeah, whatever. It's the team scoring goals that counts, not the individuals. We scored enough last season but conceded one too many v Boro.

Absolute bollocks. You're defending a 'striker' who scored four goals all season? And another who went a dozen games without putting the ball in the net? And those were our first choice 'strikers', the other two being a veteran near-crippled with knee problems and a young kid crippled by a long term virus. Dare say you're one of a thousand apologists, but you do the club or yourself no favours. Far easier to throw the blame on Lewis Dunk when the poor devil was doing the Championship equivalent of defending the Alamo for much of the season - while STILL managing to contribute the same number of goals as Baldock. Just shameful.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Seem to have hit a raw nerve with criticism of Hemed. So be it. Let's put it simply Hemed and Baldock always seem to be TOILING. Like CMS and COG before them. The harder they try, the more the goals dry up. The Murray-Barnes partnership was a Golden Age by comparison. If that partnership had been allowed to develop, instead of being curtailed by muppets, we'd be in the Prem today.

Murray-Barnes was in League 1. Both strikers have shown since, they were Premier class.

Hemed score 17 goals last season. That's more than Barnes did at this level and I'm a Barnes fan.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Stop banging on about the distinctly average Barnes. Now, Gus letting Muzza go WAS a big mistake.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Absolute bollocks. You're defending a 'striker' who scored four goals all season? And another who went a dozen games without putting the ball in the net? Dare say you're one of a thousand apologists, but you do the club or yourselves no favours. Far easier to throw the blame on Lewis Dunk when the poor devil was doing the Championship equivalent of defending the Alamo for much of the season - while STILL managing to contribute the same number of goals as Baldock. Just shameful.

Poor devil Dunk, nothing. Both of his red cards were avoidable!!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Think the B- is about right. I really rate him BUT he doesn't quite score enough which is his main job. Just one thing needed to improve for me and think he can do it. Solid bench player in a promotion chasing team (that doesn't throw 14m at people)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This is Baldock's season, you heard it here third or fourth.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Both Murray and Barnes instinctively know where the goal is. Unlike Hemed and Baldock.
Murray yes. Barnes no - see stats already posted by CJ.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Oh, and Tomer clearly knows where the goal is - see his stats for last season.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So you don't agree he was a young kid under massive pressure? Greer was on his last legs and Bruno was galivanting up the field. Who holds the fort in defence?

Goldson is younger although he also threw away two points with an own goal.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Both Murray and Barnes instinctively know where the goal is. Unlike Hemed and Baldock.

27 goals, 13 assists in 128 appearances in the Champ for Barnes.
18 goals, 6 assists in 48 apps for Hemed.
23 goals, 15 assists in 109 apps for Baldock
47 goals, 13 assists in 102 apps for Murray

can you tell much of a difference between Murray/Barnes and Hemed/Baldock from these stats ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

can you tell much of a difference between Murray/Barnes and Hemed/Baldock from these stats ?

It's no good quoting facts to fans with blinkers.

boik

Absolute bollocks. You're defending a 'striker' who scored four goals all season? And another who went a dozen games without putting the ball in the net? And those were our first choice 'strikers', the other two being a veteran near-crippled with knee problems and a young kid crippled by a long term virus. Dare say you're one of a thousand apologists, but you do the club or yourself no favours. Far easier to throw the blame on Lewis Dunk when the poor devil was doing the Championship equivalent of defending the Alamo for much of the season - while STILL managing to contribute the same number of goals as Baldock. Just shameful.
I didn't blame any individual, you just chose to take that line. It's a team game, and the team that scores more goals than it concedes gets the points. Really doesn't matter which players score the goals at one end, or prevents goals at the other end. If one group of 11 players, does better than another group then that's the better TEAM, no matter who the individuals are.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Please show the goals per game and I think you'll see the differences!

sebtucknott

Aug 22, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Please show the goals per game and I think you'll see the differences!

Murray = 0.46 goals/game 0.13 assists/game
Hemed = 0.38 goals/game 0.13 assists/game
Baldock = 0.21 goals/game 0.14 assists/game
Barnes = 0.21 goals/game 0.10 assists/game

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013

Why do you defend and make excuses for Wilson but not Baldock? Personally, I do believe Wilson may have had some issues we didn't know about, but besides the point. Baldock contributed a lot last season with assists and his running, helping Hemed score an impressive 17 in his debut season. Yet the fact Hemed suffered a drought (Coinciding with Baldock being injured as well as our creative talents being out) is what cost us? For the record I don't attach blame to any of our players individually for last season, especially not Dunk.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Murray = 0.46 goals/game 0.13 assists/game
Hemed = 0.38 goals/game 0.13 assists/game
Baldock = 0.21 goals/game 0.14 assists/game
Barnes = 0.21 goals/game 0.10 assists/game
As I said previously. Muzza and Tomer way ahead on goals.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We played better last season when Baldock played. We were a better team with Baldock in the starting eleven. The team should be judged as a unit NOT as individuals. If Baldocks hard work, movent and running make us more likely to win then he is usefull regardless of how many goals he scores as an individual.

Exactly, I'm not sure how this Sam Baldock thread got to be yet another dissertation on Murray & Barnes.

Baldock made the team tick.
Baldock didn't play consistently enough to prove his worth.
Baldock this season has created, at least, 2 goals from open play, one each for Hemed and Murray.

A 'better' Baldock as well as SB really would make our side a force in this years Championship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here