Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One of these days, Pozzato might score me some points...
Wishful thinking.

Wow what a whirlwind:-
In from work
turn on tv
my new wheels arrived :rave:
Trentin does a Steve Cummings - my very favourite way of winning.
1066 loses out on 'surprise' fantasy points.
I have an excuse for a evening ride.

If Carlsberg did single hours ...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Wishful thinking.

Wow what a whirlwind:-
In from work
turn on tv
my new wheels arrived :rave:
Trentin does a Steve Cummings - my very favourite way of winning.
1066 loses out on 'surprise' fantasy points.
I have an excuse for a evening ride.

If Carlsberg did single hours ...

Well it was no surprise to me to see Brambilla up there to win this stage, this was one of the stages I picked him for. But yes, losing out on full fantasy points to his team mate like that is one thing (although Moser would have won the sprint anyway), but Modolo coming in 4th today :nono: You almost couldn't make that up! :lol: (although he has been climbing well).

Fantasy game over for me, even when Firsanov does something epic in the next two days... which he will definitely try to do as I noticed he wisely rested up today. My only hope is if Kudus joins him, but that isn't looking at all likely.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Well it was no surprise to me to see Brambilla up there to win this stage, this was one of the stages I picked him for. But yes, losing out on full fantasy points to his team mate like that is one thing (although Moser would have won the sprint anyway), but Modolo coming in 4th today :nono: You almost couldn't make that up! :lol: (although he has been climbing well).

Fantasy game over for me, even when Firsanov does something epic in the next two days... which he will definitely try to do as I noticed he wisely rested up today. My only hope is if Kudus joins him, but that isn't looking at all likely.

:)

I picked Modolo with this stage in mind. :dunce:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nice of GreenEdge to let a little lad go on the bus:-

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
eventually coming up with this:-

https://www.plotaroute.com/route/217609

49 miles, 3000 ft of climbing, a rolling route with no major climbs.

From Shoreham airport, through to Houghton.
That then gives the option of the slightly longer (20+ miles) coastal ride back to the start point.
Or the more direct (16 miles) Storrington/Steyning bypass route home..

So Monday:-

I guess we're just after a start time.
I'm pretty much excluded from that debate, as at 6am last Monday I thought, 'this is a perfect day to throw a sickie and go straight out for a ride'.

(Pogue wake up, wake up, you're having a nightmare :lol: )

[MENTION=22214]banjo[/MENTION]
[MENTION=12665]TrickyOne[/MENTION]
[MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION]
[MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION]
[MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] ?

Anyone else?

Banjo whatever we decide the start time to be, do you want to meet up at the BP garage by Brooklands 15 mins earlier?

Last edited:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

I'm pretty much excluded from that debate, as at 6am last Monday I thought, 'this is a perfect day to throw a sickie and go straight out for a ride'.

Anyone else?

Banjo whatever we decide the start time to be, do you want to meet up at the BP garage by Brooklands 15 mins earlier?

I'll rock up when I'm told to rock up.
[MENTION=12665]TrickyOne[/MENTION] [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] ?

I guess we'll congregate somewhere along the front at sometime or the other before cycling along towards Stat and [MENTION=22214]banjo[/MENTION] ?

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south

Anyone else?

That's cool with me.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'll rock up when I'm told to rock up.
[MENTION=12665]TrickyOne[/MENTION] [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] ?

I guess we'll congregate somewhere along the front at sometime or the other before cycling along towards Stat and [MENTION=22214]banjo[/MENTION] ?

I'm going to have to see. My daughter is at the Worthing Town football tournament Monday morning, and if the missus isn't taking all of them, I might have the other two. I'll see what is arranged as grandparents may also be involved...I'm also at the same tournament tomorrow with the U10 boys. Bloody kids and football! :rant:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'm going to have to see. My daughter is at the Worthing Town football tournament Monday morning, and if the missus isn't taking all of them, I might have the other two. I'll see what is arranged as grandparents may also be involved...I'm also at the same tournament tomorrow with the U10 boys. Bloody kids and football! :rant:

I've found a picture of Bold at the weekends...

p_pedouins.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wow big off for Steven K.

Saved by the snow.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh well Fantasy was fun while it lasted.

Nearly 3 weeks of racing, from last to almost first, only to lose everything in the space of 5 minutes.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

Anyone else?

Well...Tricky has suggested that we meet at the Emaus furniture shop - where that pub used to be (The Pilot?) - on the coast road in Southwick. I am happy to be there by 9.30. Ish.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Great, Shoreham airport 9:45.
[MENTION=22214]banjo[/MENTION] - 9:30 @ BP garage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here