Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Have you had the heating on yet? [2017]

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Very fortunate to have a missus who also disagrees with turning on heating except in Arctic weather.
Now if only I could get her to accept that none of the neighbours are able to get a view of her wobbly bits and stop having the blinds down and the lights on in the morning I'll be content.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It feels cold and damp indoors in north Brighton this evening, with it bucketing down outside. We often have 'Indian Summers'.

So I tempted to put the heating on, to take the chill off the air.

I can't remember having the heating on in September ever before.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
It's 37c at 7:30 in the evening where I am on holiday. I am going to resist all temptation to turn the heating on come Monday evening when we get home, whatever her indoors says.:D

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Got me that radiator heated goodness going on today.

(Shorts and t-shirt on to accompany it, obvs)

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Got me that radiator heated goodness going on today.

(Shorts and t-shirt on to accompany it, obvs)

I have too today, mainly to dry some clothes but I love being in with the heating on when it is shithouse outside.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Mine not been on yet. Just got back from Corfu and there were rumblings from the Mrs about being a bit chilly so I went and got her cardigan for her.
Hoping to last out until bonfire night and the weather forecast for the coming week looks good so fingers crossed.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Mrs NAN insists, unfortunately. We have completely different thermostats. We can have the heating going full blast and she'll be sitting in three jumpers shivering and asking whether it's on while I'm roasting.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Laid up with man flu. In bed with several layers of clothes plus duvet. No heating on. Need to set an example.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Mrs LLF is having the hot flush thing, so, one minute she wants the heating on , the next it's too hot, open the windows.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Succumbed last week for an hour in the evening. Weather dank, dark and damp here.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Got it on now. Allegedly 17.5 when we got home, but it seems our double glazing has kept all the warmth out.

Ah.... that's better :cheers:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When we have dinner and settle down for the evening in front of the TV we set it at 21 and then if it comes on it does if not it cant be that cold then it turn it back down to 18 when we got to bed

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Mrs Wz is making those noises about heating, I'm still in shorts. What is it about women and temperature?

Wish I was gay (tried it once, but it made my eyes water)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here