Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North Korea at it again!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
They may have the range, but not the targeting.

It's throwing missiles in the general direction - hit and hope really.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I'd say based on their latest efforts they deserve to now be attacked and the US or Japan would have legitimate reason to do so.

Japan would have having had both their air space and sovereignty violated by this latest test.

The issue now is how does Trump respond given his previous statements about American interests or allies being 'attacked' and the fact that any military action by America will probably see an attack on South Korea by the North killing far too many

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They may have the range, but not the targeting.

It's throwing missiles in the general direction - hit and hope really.
You don't need targeting if it's an atomic weapon.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You don't need targeting if it's an atomic weapon.
No, but it's surely more accurate just to fit one on a suicide ship and "sail it up the Hudson" ? ???

I think the missiles are not the main issue.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I'd say based on their latest efforts they deserve to now be attacked and the US or Japan would have legitimate reason to do so.

I agree. I think Trump is being very restrained but for how long? Feel for the people of the country with tinpot villains leading it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Phat Boy must really have lost his marbles, I think he's trying to kill himself in a bizarre game of " Death by Cop ".

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I think it's right about legitimacy but the concern is how China will react to any attack

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Not sure what everyone is worried about. from previous tests they are 5 or so years from even being able to reach the states.

The way they keep going with the threats ect, they'l be long gone before then.

What's this word ect? You're making it up. ETC the one you need.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
There will be war within a few weeks. It simply won't go any other way now. Past the point of no return.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Ideally China needs to get its act together and effect some sort of regime change, there was a feeling that this was in the pipeline and the reason behind Kim killing off his brother.

NK has China over a barrel in many regards, it knows it won't stand the US invading NK. Then there's the refugees, NK patrols the borders with China and has kept these tight, as you might expect there are a lot of people who want or try to make it to China. The last think China wants is a pouring of refugees over its borders,

A problem with bombing NK is that it has a lot of its military hardware in underground facilities. You'll just be bombing fields and though the NK army may not be up to much anyone landing there will have god only knows used against it. Gas and biological weapons will be waiting for any invader.

We can only hope for some sort of regime change....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There will be war within a few weeks. It simply won't go any other way now. Past the point of no return.
Eh? What's actually happened? They fired a missile that went closer to another country than it should have done. Pretty bad, but I don't see how that makes war inevitable.

What would be the effect of a war? I don't imagine those in South Korea would like it much.

NK has China over a barrel in many regards, it knows it won't stand the US invading NK.
Why not? I doubt China like the way NK is going.
Then there's the refugees, NK patrols the borders with China and has kept these tight, as you might expect there are a lot of people who want or try to make it to China. The last think China wants is a pouring of refugees over its borders
If there was a full war, NK could start again and people may not longer need to leave.

A problem with bombing NK is that it has a lot of its military hardware in underground facilities. You'll just be bombing fields and though the NK army may not be up to much anyone landing there will have god only knows used against it. Gas and biological weapons will be waiting for any invader.
Indeed, it wouldn't be pretty.

Six Day War Israel vs. the Rest of the Middle East in 1967 currently the shortest conflict, suspect this would be shorter.
What kind of war would you be expecting?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Eh? What's actually happened? They fired a missile that went closer to another country than it should have done. Pretty bad, but I don't see how that makes war inevitable.

What would be the effect of a war? I don't imagine those in South Korea would like it much.

Why not? I doubt China like the way NK is going.
If there was a full war, NK could start again and people may not longer need to leave.

Indeed, it wouldn't be pretty.

What kind of war would you be expecting?

Okay, maybe not inevitable but I think it's likely in some form. It's a pretty audacious launch this time but aside that it's the players involved in this tension that worry me.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Remote destruction of the North Korean Army by the USA Armed forces using levels of technology which the other side simply haven't got?
While the US could destroy large visible sections of the army, what about underground missile sites, mobile missile launchers, submarines? Those could do a huge amount of damage to South Korea, killing millions.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
it's the players involved in this tension that worry me.
Trump is a tw@, but we've not yet seen anything to show he's willing to start what could be a terrible war. North Korea cannot take on the world, but they have the ability to kill many millions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here