Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No trains Sunday Barnham <--> Brighton

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
There is only a Premier league football match and a political conference going on in Brighton that day. Obvious choice to do some repairs.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Well that's a fairly significantly sized kick in the knickers. I have to travel in from Portsmouth for this one, luckily it's the only time I'll ever have to say that phrase!

Anyone with experience of the rail replacements - are they generally quick along the coast?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
There is only a Premier league football match and a political conference going on in Brighton that day. Obvious choice to do some repairs.

I'm not normally one to speak for the rail industry but, in this case, you're being unfair. Rail works would have been decided about a year ago, well before a football match was arranged. And possibly before a conference was too (not sure of the timings of that).

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Well that's a fairly significantly sized kick in the knickers. I have to travel in from Portsmouth for this one, luckily it's the only time I'll ever have to say that phrase!

Anyone with experience of the rail replacements - are they generally quick along the coast?
I would expect the 700 might be quicker as it won't be routing between stations but doubt it will be quick.

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I'm not normally one to speak for the rail industry but, in this case, you're being unfair. Rail works would have been decided about a year ago, well before a football match was arranged.

i dont know the club dont note this when the TV want to move the game.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I'm not normally one to speak for the rail industry but, in this case, you're being unfair. Rail works would have been decided about a year ago, well before a football match was arranged. And possibly before a conference was too (not sure of the timings of that).

there is no excuse for the elfin shambles that is southern rail ....the trains are a vital part of the system , the fact that the upkeep of the lines has been left to rack and ruin is just another indication of how shit we have become at running things.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
IMG_0085.GIF

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The Littlehampton ones will be running which makes it a little easier from Angmering etc although they will be crowded no doubt.

when did they put a second line in?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The Littlehampton ones will be running which makes it a little easier from Angmering etc although they will be crowded no doubt.

Littlehampton trains? Nope...

Network Rail is carrying out engineering work between Angmering and Brighton, closing all lines.

Great Western Railway

Buses will replace trains between Barnham and Brighton. Customers for the 21:46 Brighton to Portsmouth Harbour service, are advised to use Southern's replacement bus service between Brighton and Barnham, and Southern's rail service from Barnham to Portsmouth Harbour.

Southern

Buses will replace trains between Littlehampton and Brighton.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
there is no excuse for the elfin shambles that is southern rail ....the trains are a vital part of the system , the fact that the upkeep of the lines has been left to rack and ruin is just another indication of how shit we have become at running things.

Southern rail don't carry out the works or plan them. National rail do

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Presumably could go from Portsmouth/Littlehampton to Gatwick or Three Bridges and then back down to Brighton ? Poss quicker than the replacement buses.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here