Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2nd Investec Test Match - England v West Indies - Headingly

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
In 2015 we lost here to New Zealand. Getting 255 in the 4th innings. I'd like 320-350 set as a target.fj

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
When I saw that I noticed that they are the successful run chases. Don't Sky need to show the unsuccessful run chases or all last innings totals?
In a list of 'Highest successful run-chases'? No, I really don't think so........................

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
In a list of 'Highest successful run-chases'? No, I really don't think so........................

Joking aside, I mean that the successful run chases are limited by the number of runs required. Not many wickets have fallen in the majority of those successful run chases. New table title, please and more info. Sky.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Windies now need to get the third highest winning 4th. innings score ever at Headingley - strongly fancy England now, especially as WI's spirits must have dropped watching Moeen and Woakes taking the game away.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Aside from the 1948 Aussies, there's been no test match 4th innings score of 350+ at Headingley, successful or otherwise. Bradman and Morris in that match, along with Mark Butcher and Moeen Ali are the only 4th innings centurions at Leeds

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Seriously think we should declare now Woakes has got his 50. This is just wasting time now.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Seriously think we should declare now Woakes has got his 50. This is just wasting time now.

May as well start slogging now. If we are out tonight and get a few overs fair do's. If we keep crashing boundaries at 6 runs+ per over, it's doing even greater damage to the Windies mentally.

They look a beaten side, I'd expect 70 overs would even be too much for them to survive.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Declared and set Windies 322 to win

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
How many overs left today. Don't want to declare just for one or two overs. Declared as I punch my keyboard.....

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
and now for a bit of fun! skittle out two physically and mentally tired batsmen!
in the bag :cool:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Well done Root, that would never have happened under Cook, may get 1 or 2 wickets tonight or maybe not, but you have to give yourselves the chance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here