Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

British Grand Prix

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hamilton is a dick, yes he is a fast dick and a British dick, but overall he is a dick.

I don't want to be his friend I just want to see him race and at that he excels. Most footballers are dicks but I still enjoy watching most of them play :shrug:

I really do believe most of the knocking is just jealousy

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don't want to be his friend I just want to see him race and at that he excels. Most footballers are dicks but I still enjoy watching most of them play :shrug:

That comes across as too rational. You need to learn to hate and despise, especially if any of them are tax exiles.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

See that's where I see it different the only dick I want to see excel.........is mine.:smile:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I support Lewis and hope he wins the title but I do find the rose tinted specs of so many of his fans incredibly annoying. I see both sides of it though, see those on my twitter timeline saying how dare people cheer a blown tyre as it's so dangerous etc which in this case is OTT and misguided but then on the other hand you get the Lewis fan boys going on about how dreadfully dangerous Vettel was giving him a nudge in Baku was. It's all bollocks and puts me right off the sport and internet comment on it. There's a tiny bit of me looking forward to post Lewis F1 where hopefully those watching it can just enjoy the sport rather than this crazed fandom bollocks.

It is, and it never fails to amuse me too.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
[MENTION=5]Turkey[/MENTION] I hope you aren't driving tonight mate, cos you're clearly sh1tfaced. Once Lewis leaves you don't think there will be 'crazed fandom'? That's what some fans are like, irrelevant of their driver or team. Jesus look at Ferrari fans!

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
Early in his career in an interview he described the back markers as 'monkeys' If i remember correctly that was when the dislike for him started for many.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Ugh, sickening. Can't stand Hamilton - thoroughly dislikable individual. I don't see the point in blindly supporting the arrogant tax-exile simply because he's British. The only 1 of 20 drivers not to attend an F1 event in Trafalgar Square last week.

And the one who got pole by a mile, won the race at a canter and bagged the fastest lap for good measure. Go figure.

You may not like him much but he is the global superstar of F1, he has that x factor - Maybe that's what upsets some people.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
[MENTION=5]Turkey[/MENTION] I hope you aren't driving tonight mate, cos you're clearly sh1tfaced. Once Lewis leaves you don't think there will be 'crazed fandom'? That's what some fans are like, irrelevant of their driver or team. Jesus look at Ferrari fans!

I really need to learn to just not say anything, as it'll never be received as intended and can't be arsed to defend my opinions so shouldn't make them in the first place. :) I've always been a fan of the sport more than a specific driver or team. Going to races and seeing fans of different teams and drivers is ace. It just winds me up when people are so anti-Alonso, anti-Rosberg, anti-Vettel when they happen to be battling Lewis but if they're not suddenly Alonso/Vettel (even I don't like Rosberg) funny, talented good blokes. Anyway, the more I type, the more I get invested in this thread, so I'll bow out now as bound to get a load of criticism for feeling differently about the sport than others.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Hamilton is the greatst British driver ever...probably. Not that it has anything to do with it but I even quite like his personaility, a winner through and through

D

Deleted member 2719

Many?

The few.

Most people with any sort of background within racing think he is a dick as a person.

It might not be his fault as he was heavily back from McLaren as a kid, but he has still turned out to be a dick.
Classic example the way he patronised Bottas after the race.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I really need to learn to just not say anything, as it'll never be received as intended and can't be arsed to defend my opinions so shouldn't make them in the first place. :) I've always been a fan of the sport more than a specific driver or team. Going to races and seeing fans of different teams and drivers is ace. It just winds me up when people are so anti-Alonso, anti-Rosberg, anti-Vettel when they happen to be battling Lewis but if they're not suddenly Alonso/Vettel (even I don't like Rosberg) funny, talented good blokes. Anyway, the more I type, the more I get invested in this thread, so I'll bow out now as bound to get a load of criticism for feeling differently about the sport than others.

But dude, you are exhibiting the exact behaviour you decry!

I'm like you in a way, I love the racing, however I will always back a British driver and prefer the British teams :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here