Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I want to watch the results. But if you are suggesting we could not have changed our mix of gold and foreign currency reserves in anticipation, then I believe you are wrong.

I don't think you understand the way the FX mkts work mate , you are saying we should have hedged against sterling weakness yes ? Well you could have sold sterling against the dollar and euro in anticipation of a brexit vote , but that's by no means certain is it ? Also for it to have any meaningful effect it would have to have been on a massive scale , depressing sterling against monetary policy , And also what's the point ? You can always vary the currency basket that we have in reserve , but central banks hedging against movements in their own currency ?

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Goodnight Honey, sleep tight. Don't let the bed bugs bite and don't have nightmares. Then get up and go to work for someone who has MORE interest in voting remain than you! Nite x
?? I'm up in 5 hrs for a 60 mile bike ride. I don't ride and only volunteered to miss work

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Can we get rid of Scotland next?

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
So, let's have a look at why people might vote to leave:

So, uneducated, inbred people who haven't got any money.

If only everyone was as smart, wealthy and diverse as you lot :rolleyes:

Why thank you :)

You weren't being sarcastic were you ;)

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Hands up you leave voters (me included) who are a tiny bit worried that we might have done a wrong'un ?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
NSC tonight.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
If this is a Leave, its because the Tory party have convinced Labour voters that the reason for their ills is the EU, and not the Tory government.

Which is, on the face of it, astonishing

Or just maybe traditional Labour voters are naturally eurosceptic because they don't feel the benefits that the rest of us do. Look at the switch from Labour to UKIP in the last election. The more the Labour party persists with this myth that their own voters are europhiles that have been hoodwinked by the nasty Tories then the bigger the disconnect between the party and their core vote.

And that bodes very, very badly for a Corbyn led Labour party in the next election.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Hands up you leave voters (me included) who are a tiny bit worried that we might have done a wrong'un ?

:lolol:

Just when we were warming to you.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Why thank you :)

You weren't being sarcastic were you ;)
I don't know what sarcasm means. I'd wake sis/ma and ask her, but she's got to clean the streets in the morning to earn our lunch.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Really it's the most tired response, much like Farage or Johnson regalling the nation about immigration or taking the country back but not actually having a clue what to do afterwards

It's regaling (with one 'L' not two; and it doesn't mean quite what you think it means ... "regaling": to entertain lavishly or agreeably).

Oh, I know this is PL versus Conference - but it's like shooting fish in a barrel - and such a lot of fun!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here