Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Right.....are we going to win the title?

Are we going to win the title

• Total voters

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
Great season but ending as a damp squib, a warning of things to come perhaps.

Can't see them winning at Villa, and I doubt a draw will be enough as I expect Newcastle to easily roll Barnsley at home!

Dreadful party performance, an absolute waste of a great opportunity?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I think we have blown it big time! If Baldock is fit next week and plays we may have a slim chance of winning.

After watching that dire performance yesterday it is clear that the players minds aren't in the right place,
I only hope Chris can get them all focused and up for The Villa game.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
YES!

They would have known they were under par at Norwich but had the promotion party as an excuse. They would have felt over confident yesterday as we're at home - and that would have been a chastening defeat. They'll now know they are going to have to dig deep mentally and physically at Villa. It's perhaps an ideal fixture. I'm still confident we'll do it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Would a draw have made that much difference?

Of course! If we drew we could lose at Villa and Newcastle would have to win. If we lose they can win the title with a draw.

That said, mentally, perhaps defeat is better than a draw because hopefully it is a massive rocket up the arse, and they'll go out next week in a blaze of glory!

We're not done yet.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
If they don't come out and play like they are actually PL quality players then no.

The chance to be crowned champions hasn't seemed to inspire them two games in a row so the hopes of them being inspired in the last game of the season are pipe dreams right now.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Hope so, otherwise these signs will be going to waste

5cf083e52f41971562abddf710a79ddb.jpg

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Huge opportunity, but yesterday was such an anti-climax. A couple of the players woefully under-performed, but Bristol City did the job on us, so congratulations on securing their Championship status.

We have more than we probably could have dreamed of with automatic promotion, but the icing on the cake, would have been going up as champions as we had the opportunity, sadly I a cannot see that happening now (would love to be proved wrong).

Apart from the money, what do the club and the players get for coming second?, Surely the trophy in the clubs cabinet, #togther with the League One trophy, would look brilliant, saving a space for the Premier League trophy. In years to come, will a number of the players look back and realise that he medal they should have had is sadly missing?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
After yesterday's performance and ultimate disappointment the team will be well up for it. It's going to be tough but makes for an exciting final day. So it's a yes from me.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If we had got a draw today yes but now feel momentum is with Newcastle and not us so a no

Still an amazing season and achievement whatever happens

A draw or as it happened a loss made no difference as it was a win or nothing . With a draw we still needed a win at Villa as Newcastle will beat Barnsley and a draw for us would have given them the title on GD but all immaterial.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
A draw or as it hapoened a loss made no difference as it was a win or nothing . With a draw we still needed a win at Villa as Newcastle will beat Barnsley and a draw for us would have given them the title on GD but all immaterial.

It would make a difference as there is no guarantee Newcastle will beat Barnsley. There are 3 possible outcomes for that game and as yesterday proved nothing is certain

If we had nicked a point yesterday we could lose and Newcastle draw and still win the title that is no longer a possible outcome for us so it has made a difference

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Yes we are, and it's very important that we do. Let's leave on a statement.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It would make a difference as there is no guarantee Newcastle will beat Barnsley. There are 3 possible outcomes for that game and as yesterday proved nothing is certain

If we had nicked a point yesterday we could lose and Newcastle draw and still win the title that is no longer a possible outcome for us so it has made a difference

NU will win with ease. Sorry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here