Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Stockdale

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Not TSB, that can't be true. He knows everything, even before Tony Bloom and Chris Hughton. He is so ITK that he knows what deals are going to be offered even before the club has decided.

I think I've proven enough times that I get the occasional tidbit of info (Dunk, anyone? The humble pie tasted good.) on things. As do many others, of course.
He has a one-year extension option on his contract. But obviously you won't believe that unless I produce photographic proof of him signing it.

The thing that amuses me about being called out is that there were others who stated the same thing and yet odious little ***** always like to point the figure my way. I remember similar to Lord Bracknell & TLO way back when. Easy 10 got abuse on it last year too.
Just means people will stop posting what they hear. But whatever.

And to Wellesley specifically: Jealousy is unbecoming.

Last edited:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I heard he uses the stars to determine who we'll be signing before the players in question are even born, his powers are kept strong by the ritual pointless bumping of threads a year after they were made.

You don't feel your complete meltdown about the Aberdeen friendly was worth a bounce after we'd racked up 89 points?
Noted.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bit of a nothing article. 'Expected to sign', so hasn't signed yet, so hardly newsworthy. And unless I missed something, it doesn't say how long the extension is/will be/might be for.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
You don't feel your complete meltdown about the Aberdeen friendly was worth a bounce after we'd racked up 89 points?
Noted.

The fact that I don't even remember what you're talking about says way more about you than it does me. But good nibble.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I think I've proven enough times that I get the occasional tidbit of info (Dunk, anyone? The humble pie tasted good.) on things. As do many others, of course.
He has a one-year extension option on his contract. But obviously you won't believe that unless I produce photographic proof of him signing it.

The thing that amuses me about being called out is that there were others who stated the same thing and yet odious little ***** always like to point the figure my way. I remember similar to Lord Bracknell & TLO way back when. Easy 10 got abuse on it last year too.

Guilty as charged. Yet anyone that isn't jealous of you has something wrong with them in my (or more accurately your) opinion, what with you being so important and really in the know and everything.:love:

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Why are we dicking around with this?

We need a decent keeper and he is very much that. You only have to look at the chop and change amongst the prem clubs with their keepers (excluding the very best ones (De Gea, Lloris etc) to know how difficult it is to get a genuine first choice.....

and on what basis do you believe we are dicking about ?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

I prefer your unedited version

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
To the article itself: brilliant investigative journalism.
I think everyone from the staff to the fans to Stocko to the footballing world (Moose excepted) expects he'll sign a new deal.

He was already talking last week, in an interview with a tabloid I think(?) like he was definitely staying and, well, pretty confident he will do so. More confident than with Dale, certainly.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
To the article itself: brilliant investigative journalism.
I think everyone from the staff to the fans to Stocko to the footballing world (Moose excepted) expects he'll sign a new deal.

He was already talking last week, in an interview with a tabloid I think(?) like he was definitely staying and, well, pretty confident he will do so. More confident than with Dale, certainly.

It was an Argus article.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In which case there are several people on Nsc who professed to be 'in the know', aren't.
57a6300833a6fba4f79200ae99a57c3087e7efce292a105c6c47dd74e2ed9a9c.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think I've proven enough times that I get the occasional tidbit of info (Dunk, anyone? The humble pie tasted good.)
What info did you have on Dunk?

It would be a shame to lose Stockdale. He has been a good keeper and loyal to the club. His first season was a little dodgy, but he has improved greatly. There were times this season that he cost us, but others that saved us big time. I think he will find it harder in the PL, but maybe not.

If all else fails, I hear Joe Hart is up for grabs!!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

I do think if you changed your avatar, you may not always be judged so harshly.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Would rather have him here and settled than sign some chancer. Think we are strong at keeper with a decent back-up and young Brit so sign them all up and crack on with a couple key signings in weaker areas but stick with the loyal lads who got us here as the core of the team for damn sure

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
In which case there are several people on Nsc who professed to be 'in the know', aren't. Several said that he hadn't signed it because it only offered one year and he wanted two.

After a whole few seconds consideration I'd suggest that the club offering him one year after his performances this season and last is the most illogical and easily dismissed rumour to be circulated. As unlikely indeed as anyone on NSC being actually in the know on contract negotiations:lol:
Applying a pre-existing one year extension is entirely a different matter and in no way precludes negotiating a new deal of whatever length.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here