Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uddersfield v Norwich

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Well, there's nothing that should be a major worry for Fri 21st. Norwich look very poor. I suppose the only downside is that Ruddy will be in goal by then.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Two questions without reading the whole thread, 1) Have Norwich appointed Irvine as manager or just as caretaker? & 2) was McGovern in goal for them at the Amex and didn't he help us to a couple?

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I guess I expected a Huddersfield win. but it's a bit disappoitung that they have let 3 in so quickly after it was 0-0 with less then half an hour to go.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
If it finishes a draw, Newcastle may make an appeal due to this decision.

Where will that get them if they do?

I don't think that's even possible.

Match replayed ?
I expect it is not allowed in the EFL but IF the goal was disallowed for encroachment then there is a precedent for playing the match from where the referee's mistake was made. Last year the ref in an England U19 match awarded a free kick when it should have been a re-take and the last few seconds of the match was restarted the next day from the point at which the penalty was taken.
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...omen-u19-replay-norway-referee-penalty-howler

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Norwich's defence has been shocking this season. And to think they could have survived in the Premier league, got sucked in late on

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Two questions without reading the whole thread, 1) Have Norwich appointed Irvine as manager or just as caretaker? & 2) was McGovern in goal for them at the Amex and didn't he help us to a couple?

1) don't think so, suggestions are that Uwe Rosler is going to take over probably in the summer
2) yup, he was generous in two of Murray's hat-trick goals

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Did anybody really expect Newcastle or Huddersfield to drop points tonight?

I thought Norwich could get a draw. Huddersfield are on the back of two straight defeats

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
palace are safe, they have Arsenal next!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Norwich have been thrashed by most of the top teams this season, haven't they? I seem to recall they've had bad results against a few of the contenders. Pleasing to see that even their own players don't appear to have any intention of making a late bid for the play offs.

That goalkeeper is dreadful (same as at the Amex), Jerome can't be arsed to do anything except foul, and the defence looks really, really poor.

Getting a bit bored of all this banging on about Jonathan Hogg, as it goes. It seems he's being hailed as some sort of hero for not breaking his neck. "It's a miracle" he's back, "they said he wouldn't play again this season...amazing recovery" etc. It would have been a miracle if he actually had broken his neck, and I'm sure it was quite scary for him at the time, but in the end they confirmed he didn't break anything: he just had a bit of bruising and stiffness. Which slightly lessens the miraculousness of the recovery if you ask me...

Good player though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here