Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Three things: pies, Forest and...

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Never had a problem with Friday evening kick-offs, they have always been part of the game. Saturday lunchtimes or Sunday evenings on the other hand.

BZ coming back would give a huge boost and that is much needed after the last 12 months or so, and it doesn't have to be an either/or. I don't think Bozza said that we were signing him and that this would be our only signing.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Never had a problem with Friday evening kick-offs, they have always been part of the game. Saturday lunchtimes or Sunday evenings on the other hand.

BZ coming back would give a huge boost and that is much needed after the last 12 months or so, and it doesn't have to be an either/or. I don't think Bozza said that we were signing him and that this would be our only signing.
I don't remember many Friday night kick offs at the Goldstone.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
In five seasons he hasn't scored more than 5 goals in a season Not the sort of player we need when we can't score goals as it is. Zamora's goal record is nothing sort of abysmal if i'm honest in the last decade.

Well stop measuring him by his goals alone then. From what I've seen of him on MOTD he's created many a goal and is one of the more intelligent players on the pitch.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
1) Did the full visit to Piglets and spent 2 hours there seeing how made and the whole story about getting the Amex work and how they were trying to make it better (reheating at ground etc) If it's true I'd feel for the guys there ... just the family doing it and from what I could tell not making much in the way of profit but they put heart and soul into it. It'll sadden me for that reason alone ... feels like a David and Goliath story

2) Gotta believe they could chose better

3) Still don't know ... I swing between 'bloody fantastic' and 'it could all go tits up' ... definately one decision I couldn't make

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
The monies received for Bridcutt (and Barnes) are already accounted for in the 2013/14 accounts (see Player Trading); these were posted on the Companies House and Club's websites months ago and show BHA posting a loss of £10m+.
Similarly the monies received thus far for Ulloa and Buckley will appear in the accounts for the financial year ending in a few days time on 30 June; these have to be lodged with Companies House by 31 March 2016. Unless these accounts show a profit there is no money pot to be carried forward for next season to fund player purchases or anything else; it's all down to the ticket sales, catering, merchandise, sponsorship etc plus whatever the shareholders are willing to put in to fund the business.

So we've already spent all the money we received for our big money transfers out, or at least accounted for it. That's good news....and certainly doesn't bode well for this season.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
1) Did the full visit to Piglets and spent 2 hours there seeing how made and the whole story about getting the Amex work and how they were trying to make it better (reheating at ground etc) If it's true I'd feel for the guys there ... just the family doing it and from what I could tell not making much in the way of profit but they put heart and soul into it. It'll sadden me for that reason alone ... feels like a David and Goliath story

I agree with this. But with Barber I have always felt their time is borrowed, as is Harvey's.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
No pies, an Amex evening game and an elder statesman. 10/1 might be generous.

sky.JPG

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
1. I like Piglets and the pies are a lot better than most other football grounds and certainly better than anything served up by Pukka Pies or anyone of that ilk.

2. Saturday 3pm kick offs are rare enough it seems, would be annoying to see the first game of the season moved. Plus if it's being moved for us to be on TV we may as well just give Forest the 3 points now considering how naff we've been on TV.

3. Will certainly bring a feel good factor. Lua Lua had better be willing to give up the 25 shirt, I don't want Bobby in the number 52 shirt like his first season at Fulham it wouldn't be right.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Don't shoot the messenger. None of these may be true and, in the case of the first one, even if it's true now, it might not be true by the time the season starts. So...

1. Pies. Some sort of commercial thingummy has happened and Piglets and Sodexo may no longer be working together. (As above, you imagine this would be resolved sooner rather than later though).

2. Forest. Friday night, not Saturday.

3. Zamora. July 1st.

Enjoy your Friday night. Red wine here.

Another Sat 3pm kick off not happening FFS! :angry:

The other two? One is less interesting than the other.......

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Here's the other fixtures that Sky are choosing from for their weekend Championship Games.

Birmingham v Reading 15:00
Blackburn v Wolves 15:00
Bolton v Derby 15:00
Brentford v Ipswich 15:00
Brighton v Nottm Forest 15:00
Cardiff v Fulham 15:00
Charlton v QPR 15:00
Hull v Huddersfield 15:00
Leeds v Burnley 15:00
Preston v Middlesbrough 15:00
Rotherham v MK Dons 15:00
Sheff Wed v Bristol City 15:00

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Here's the other fixtures that Sky are choosing from for their weekend Championship Games.

They move one to Sunday as well don't they ? ???

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

Chsrlton v qpr
Leeds v burnley
Preston v boro

And possibly sheff wed v Bristol

Would all be better fixtures than ours to a neutral imo . We are certainly up there though. Fri night is ok but frustrating . Rather not have the money

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
1. Not bothered. Pies are pies.
2. Season starts a day earlier so happy with that
3. Delighted

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
zamora would give leadership in the dressing room and link us with the team, creating atmosphere. In many ways what he does on the pitch would be less important than him simply being around. Zamora and piglet pies PLEASE

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I agree with this. But with Barber I have always felt their time is borrowed, as is Harvey's.

Barber has been here three years now. Everytime he talks about Harvey's and Piglets he talks em up. He's negotiated several big changes in our catering contracts including 2 changes of suppliers since then and still Harvey's and Piglets remain. He's not very good at getting rid of em is he ?

(PS: No idea about Bozza's rumour . but these commercial disputes aren't unusual in close season)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here