Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Breaking news: Reports of explosion in Manchester

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
It's not about the bible or the Koran. it's about the way the modern day followers of different religions behave.

My point was, I do not see why we should back the church of England. Backing one religion to campaign against another religion both with illogical, irrational and misogynistic values. Do not see the point myself.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I think you need to re-read the bible.

Yep it's tricky because Christians believe Jesus is God, and the God from the Torah was a nasty piece of work and ordered Moses to slaughter a whole tribe of men and non virgins and loads of other bad stuff. Moses was just as much a nutter as Muhammad was so for Christians and Muslims it's a stalemate.

I believe that Christianity actually feeds Islam because Muslims get a thrill out of trying to debunk it because it's a game and something they feel they have to beat. Atheists cannot be distracted by Biblical scripture and Muslims don't like arguing with them.

My actuall advice to Christians if they are debating with Muslims is to pretend to be an atheist so you are not questioned on the Bible, Trinity and God giving birth to himself and nailing himself to a cross as a sacrifice to himself. Avoid all that.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's not about the bible or the Koran. it's about the way the modern day followers of different religions behave.

They're not all one thing though are they. Your meaningless ranting suggests all Muslims are the same, as if Christianity is all one thing. There are a huge number of moderate Muslims who campaign against more extreme sections of their religion, we've got one running London, one in our football team, you cannot say it is all one thing. We are safer taking / sharing information / including these communities than alienating and isolating. Anyway, you lost me on 'We should all support the Church of England' – what, even as atheists!? I'll take a pass on that one thanks.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
I really struggle to understand how so many have been and are being converted right now against us and yet you never hear of any Mosque saying that we are concerned about this person or that person.

The Muslim population need to do more about this.

Its no good after the event saying its not Islam or what a terrible situation it is we don't agree with it Blah blah blah.

Do something about it, unless deep down you dont really care.

Take the last coward, once he committed the crime, the Muslim's from the same Mosque come out and say, well he left the Mosque and we didn't know where he went, or we are not surprised he did it.

FFS, how many of them called the police and continued to call the police until he was picked up and arrested. If they were that worried about what he could do they would have done.

If you choose to agree or not is up to you, but its the Muslim population that can help change this more than any one else.

Also the laws need to be changed now, just like they did for the Hooligans stopping them going to England matches. At least have the power to go inside the Mosque to see what is going on, just as you could a Christian church.

Stop being scared of what they might say. They live in the UK not the other way around.

It's all over the press today that the Manchester attacker's relatives reported him to the authorities.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
They're not all one thing though are they. Your meaningless ranting suggests all Muslims are the same, as if Christianity is all one thing. There are a huge number of moderate Muslims who campaign against more extreme sections of their religion, we've got one running London, one in our football team, you cannot say it is all one thing. We are safer taking / sharing information / including these communities than alienating and isolating. Anyway, you lost me on 'We should all support the Church of England' – what, even as atheists!? I'll take a pass on that one thanks.

This. We are meant to progress as a society, not step backwards.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I really struggle to understand how so many have been and are being converted right now against us and yet you never hear of any Mosque saying that we are concerned about this person or that person.

Even though MI5 and the security services say most of their info. in stopping potential attacks is coming from within Muslim communities..

Most terrorist threats are prevented at source from information from Muslim communities. This is proven in the US and Europe.

Do people honestly think it should be plastered across the media, that Terror suspect A was apprehended on information provided from his local community. Do you think that is a good idea just to keep you informed?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Even though MI5 and the security services say most of their info. in stopping potential attacks is coming from within Muslim communities..

Most terrorist threats are prevented at source from information from Muslim communities. This is proven in the US and Europe.

Do people honestly think it should be plastered across the media, that Terror suspect A was apprehended on information provided from his local community. Do you think that is a good idea just to keep you informed?

Quite.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

The Muslim population need to do more about this.

Its no good after the event saying its not Islam or what a terrible situation it is we don't agree with it Blah blah blah.

Do something about it, unless deep down you dont really care.

Take the last coward, once he committed the crime, the Muslim's from the same Mosque come out and say, well he left the Mosque and we didn't know where he went, or we are not surprised he did it.

FFS, how many of them called the police and continued to call the police until he was picked up and arrested. If they were that worried about what he could do they would have done.

If you choose to agree or not is up to you, but its the Muslim population that can help change this more than any one else.

Also the laws need to be changed now, just like they did for the Hooligans stopping them going to England matches. At least have the power to go inside the Mosque to see what is going on, just as you could a Christian church.

Stop being scared of what they might say. They live in the UK not the other way around.

apparently.....and i emphasize the word apparently up to 18 % of muslims polled in the UK refused to condemn terrorist acts on the British mainland....up to 30 % said they actually sympathised with such acts.....if those figures are true then we are in a whole lot of bother already......these figures are readily available on the web.....whether they are accurate or not i don't know.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
You never 'hear about' that happening, so you assume it never does?

The point I was trying to make is the rest of the Muslim world should be vocal in turning their backs on the cowards, and letting people know what they are doing to try and stop it happening, that way they have more chance of the ones who might turn, not turning.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008

The point I was trying to make is the rest of the Muslim world should be more vocal in turning their backs on the cowards, and letting people know what they are doing to try and stop it happening, that way they have more chance of the ones who might turn, not turning.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
You've only got to watch shows like "can't pay we'll take it away" to realise up north there's gangs of these arxeholes that absolutely detest our way of life

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You've only got to watch shows like "can't pay we'll take it away" to realise up north there's gangs of these arxeholes that absolutely detest our way of life
I haven't watched it, what happened (happens)? (not the premise of the show, but with these gangs)

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I haven't watched it, what happened (happens)? (not the premise of the show, but with these gangs)
Almost every debt they turn up to is to someone named Muhammed and within minutes about 15 blokes turn up threatening the agents which always means the police are called out, sometimes on mass, they even talk to the police like shit and nothings ever done about it, frightening really.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Almost every debt they turn up to is to someone named Muhammed and within minutes about 15 blokes turn up threatening the agents which always means the police are called out, sometimes on mass, they even talk to the police like shit and nothings ever done about it, frightening really.

Another fine example last night, they turn up in a mob and laugh in the faces of the Police who stand there helpless

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Another fine example last night, they turn up in a mob and laugh in the faces of the Police who stand there helpless

So, you're both saying what? These people are behaving in this way because of their religion, or the 'culture'... what if they were all call Dave, would that be any different?

Surely, twattish behaviour isn't restricted to any particular 'group'?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here