Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Military called in ?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I couldn't help but notice looking at the pictures today that the police seem to have far more impressive looking weapons than the soldiers that have been deployed. Anyone know if there is a reason for this ? Are the police's weapons designed for a different use to the soldiers ?

I know for a fact that certain police in London do get trained by military types.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
One of the most bizarre things (probably the most) is getting a bus home the evening after the Twin Towers disaster.

Worked in Camden, lived in Clapham.

Tube ? nah - 88 bus all the way home and very cheap it was then too.

Anyone who knows the bus route will know it goes over Vauxhall Bridge right pass the MI6 building.

Never thought I'd see armed personal on that bridge with their guns to the sky !

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Well the troops are to free up the police for anti terrorist work. Probably a good decision but clearly one that may have been different if we hadn't shed 20000 police.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Just the next stage of a collapsing civilisation, border walls go up, militarisation as violence and killing continues to escalate....

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
I have now switched my views to the big brother option. If anyone visits or shows interest in any Isis online material etc. They need to be arrested and deported or imprisoned. The line has been crossed and the lives of our children have to come before our rights to privacy. If you've nothing to hide.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just the next stage of a collapsing civilisation, border walls go up, militarisation as violence and killing continues to escalate....

If militarisation is going to be a thing, then I'm glad I a m British.

We will have the British army on our streets, can you imagine life in another country with their army on the streets?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well the troops are to free up the police for anti terrorist work. Probably a good decision but clearly one that may have been different if we hadn't shed 20000 police.

It happened in 2007 following the 7/7 attacks. It's the default when security becomes critical.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
May slashed police numbers as home sec and told the federation to "stop crying wolf"
Hate filled old rat bag.

The Thin Blue line is getting thinner in line with all public services it seems. Mrs.V has been told this week that her school is now over budget and will need to make "Structural Changes" ( ie cut staff) in line with the reduced budget for her school. No doubt the same or similar is happening across policing,health, education and social care....." Only by having a strong economy can ...." "Strong and stable" my arse.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Even so, the JTAC set the risk level and it's the government who decide whether to deploy the armed forces or not. What point are you trying to make?

That some see this as a knee jerk reaction whereby it's always been part of an overall threat level strategy

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
The Thin Blue line is getting thinner in line with all public services it seems. Mrs.V has been told this week that her school is now over budget and will need to make "Structural Changes" ( ie cut staff) in line with the reduced budget for her school. No doubt the same or similar is happening across policing,health, education and social care....." Only by having a strong economy can ...." "Strong and stable" my arse.

It's a disgrace,still,as long India can afford its space program eh.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I have now switched my views to the big brother option. If anyone visits or shows interest in any Isis online material etc. They need to be arrested and deported or imprisoned. The line has been crossed and the lives of our children have to come before our rights to privacy. If you've nothing to hide.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You seem to have contradicted yourself there? First you say lock up everyone, even those who haven't done anything, then you say you'll be ok if you've not done anything?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
It was very strange going out last night in Huddersfield where there were armed police standing outside the entrance to the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here