Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Defoe 130K a week

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It will be full 10,000 home fans and 40,000 visiting fans

:lolol: it was said rather tongue in cheek to that effect,that said they are looking to have one built (not sure capacity) by 2020/21..

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Their net spend was more than us last season. The board even accepted the reason they went down a few years back was due to lack of signings.

i bet there wages structure is a tad different...and given they had only just gone up i'm not surprised there net spend was higher

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Age is largely irrelevant here as Defoe is still one of the best finishers in the business and all but guarantees goals.

Not a bad piece of business.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
At £100k a week I wondered if we might have a bite, especially with our Spurs connections. Even thought the club could get the players to accept a 'one-off' deal for a player of Defoe's calibre - but £130k over 3 years for a 35 year old is... wow.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
how, just how can they do this?, what's their gate? pretty small, can't see tens of thousands of replica shirts being sold so how do they balance the books with FFP?

Gates pretty much mean F ALL in the PL, money that comes in from match tickets is pocket change compared to the TV money plus the money AFCB just picked up from a top ten finish.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
You seriously think we'd almost doubled his wages from Sunderland ?

I'd wager £65K as reported by the Telegraph and Sky..he'll have his relegation clause and we will have the 2 year clause...signing on fee -none of us have a scooby.

ahh I see...you are conveniently forgetting the 6 million signing on fee!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Bournemouth who finished 9th in the Premier League are signing an England international with a proven track record of scoring goals in the top flight.

They're also signing a former player of theirs who scored goals for fun as a youngster on loan to them.

They're also signing a product of the fabled Senrab Sunday League football team.

The parallels with Albion signing Zamora are uncanny.

And I think they can afford it.

Good luck to them.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
ahh I see...you are conveniently forgetting the 6 million signing on fee!

To be fair we just banked £122 million from finishing 9th...our debt is minimal and friendly , we made a profit on the last financial year .We have US investment (Peak 6) on top of Russian investment.

Yep its totally surreal.

The issue at this level is attracting PL quality players. I'm sure when you consolidate you won't have an issue but we've been through transfer windows when nothing happened and I'm sure that was down to the perceived status of the club. Things seem to be changing now,

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
To be fair we just banked £122 million from finishing 9th...our debt is minimal and friendly , we made a profit on the last financial year .We have US investment (Peak 6) on top of Russian investment.

Yep its totally surreal.

The issue at this level is attracting PL quality players. I'm sure when you consolidate you won't have an issue but we've been through transfer windows when nothing happened and I'm sure that was down to the perceived status of the club. Things seem to be changing now,

Actually sounds like a reasonable assessment. Good luck to you pal.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
It might seem like a lot of money for an old player, but he proved at Sunderland this year that he can be the difference between relegation and relegation, but with a higher wage bill.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here