252.2 KB · Views: 172
  • NSC4.png
    NSC4.png
    263.1 KB · Views: 176

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Blimey! How good was that stage today!? :clap:

Such aggressive racing from start to finish.

Finally this Giro has come to life.

Mar 12, 2008
Saw [MENTION=11738]Spreadbetting Seagull[/MENTION] yesterday as I limped helplessly back to Steyning from Partridge Green. Thanks mate for giving me your wheel and slowing for a chat, much appreciated. He did let me know he'd completed 7 repeats of Ditchling Beacon in quick succession a few days before - made me feel sick just thinking about it...

No worries mate, good to see you! Weather forecast looking good for the week so hopefully we'll all be clocking up some miles....

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
An opportune day off. Anyone watching? This needs to be a classic day of cycling for anyone other than Dumoulin to win this Giro.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
An opportune day off. Anyone watching? This needs to be a classic day of cycling for anyone other than Dumoulin to win this Giro.

Annual leave needs to be used very wisely these days. I'm hoping I've acted wisely today.

Thank God for Eurosport player and rewind facility though, as still have an afternoon school run to do right when things should be at their best.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Annual leave needs to be used very wisely these days. I'm hoping I've acted wisely today.

Thank God for Eurosport player and rewind facility though, as still have an afternoon school run to do right when things should be at their best.

It is looking well set for Quintana, with three Movistars in the break. Four Sky up there as well. Not sure this break can be brought back with this much strength up there.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It is looking well set for Quintana, with three Movistars in the break. Four Sky up there as well. Not sure this break can be brought back with this much strength up there.

Good thing with this break is that Quintana early attack is now guaranteed. Nibs will be disappointed having missed the first break, reeled it in then failed to get anyone in this break either :facepalm:

Interesting to see Kuijswijk in this break. He's either feeling super strong or hanging on, because he's having a massive GC gamble here...could gain time or lose an awful lot of time this way. Glad to see Hirt isn't just content for a top 20 on GC. Interesting KoM battle too with Fraile (nice touch on the Cima Scarponi to let Lulu over first) and Rolland. Possibly Landa might take that jersey by default now though if he picks up the stage win today.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Good thing with this break is that Quintana early attack is now guaranteed. Nibs will be disappointed having missed the first break, reeled it in then failed to get anyone in this break either :facepalm:

Interesting to see Kuijswijk in this break. He's either feeling super strong or hanging on, because he's having a massive GC gamble here...could gain time or lose an awful lot of time this way. Glad to see Hirt isn't just content for a top 20 on GC. Interesting KoM battle too with Fraile (nice touch on the Cima Scarponi to let Lulu over first) and Rolland. Possibly Landa might take that jersey by default now though if he picks up the stage win today.

Kruiswijk already has two giro top 10s and one top 5. I guess he figures another one is irrelevant, he may as well roll the dice. Good if he can make it to the end.

Just checked the in play odds. Landa 5/2 not much value there.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Come on. Time to put the hammer down. Movistar or FdJ this is up to you. Do you want to win this or not?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
So no attacks first time up the Stelvio. Thought one was coming when Anacona dropped back a bit from the break, but alas, nothing yet.

I really hope any attacks don't wait until the final 3km on the last climb. Quintana, Nibs & Pinot all need to gain as much time today as possible, even with more hard days to come. This is a different Tom D to previous years and anything less than 3 minutes on him going into that final ITT is probably not going to be enough.

I'd actually be quite happy with a 3 minute gap going into that final ITT as then we have real Fignon vs Lemond excitement again.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
So no attacks first time up the Stelvio. Thought one was coming when Anacona dropped back a bit from the break, but alas, nothing yet.

I really hope any attacks don't wait until the final 3km on the last climb. Quintana, Nibs & Pinot all need to gain as much time today as possible, even with more hard days to come. This is a different Tom D to previous years and anything less than 3 minutes on him going into that final ITT is probably not going to be enough.

I'd actually be quite happy with a 3 minute gap going into that final ITT as then we have real Fignon vs Lemond excitement again.

They are blowing it. The Shadow riding like he always does in grand tours, he just waits until he cannot wait anymore.

Sadly he hasn't realised it is already too late for him to wait any longer.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
They are blowing it. The Shadow riding like he always does in grand tours, he just waits until he cannot wait anymore.

Yeah, there's a good chance that that conservative style could blow his chances. Still, some hard back to back days yet to come.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Yeah, there's a good chance that that conservative style could blow his chances. Still, some hard back to back days yet to come.

Quintana needs to gain near enough 5 minutes on Dumoulin in the next four stages. Just cannot see Dumoulin losing 1:15 a stage, so they have to break him, riding this way will not do it, imo. Guess we will see, but I feel there is a real chance this could peter out in to nothing. Really hope I am wrong.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Nearly saw too much of Dumoulin there! :lolol:

Sign of stomach troubles though?

Zakarin :nono: You ****ing snake, that is not alright.

I'm not sure about this at all. They should be waiting.

What has happened to this sport?

Last edited:

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016

The Albion In The Community annual ride is on the 23rd July starting and finishing at the Amex. There are 40km,75km, or 110km rides. This is the old Brighton CTC Brighton Breezy ride route , and those that went last year all had a great time. The route is great, and the tea and cake stops are probably the best ever-and is included in the entry fee. We managed to arrange a group discount last year, and have contacted AITC to see if we can do the same this year. Once we get a reply I will post details on here, if no discount I will post the entry page for those interested in entering this.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Before today I was just looking forward to seeing if Tom D can win this Giro or not, and not fussed either way.

Now I have a clear favourite of who I want to win as a result of today's going on... Come on Tom!, hang in there and win this Giro!

Oh, and hopefully Zakarin has a bad day and drops down GC big time.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If Quintana were either 3 inches taller or lived 500m further down that mountain he wouldn't be a pro cyclist.

Quintana is actually a bit shite - there I said it.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
If Quintana were either 3 inches taller or lived 500m further down that mountain he wouldn't be a pro cyclist.

Quintana is actually a bit shite - there I said it.

He certainly couldn't have been feeling that good today or else he would have made much more of a dream situation with team mates up the road like that. If he does win this Giro, and for me it is a massive if, then he definitely ain't doing the double, all things being equal.

It will be very interesting now to see how stage 18 plays out. No Movistar fireworks there then Quintana isn't winning this Giro.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here