Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Retained List

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Note in my ediary: The "retained list" only applies to the teams in the English Football League (EFL) and the cut off date is the 3rd Saturday in May, subject to some extensions.

Googling it did not find the source.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Got to keep sidders. Been class this season and experience vital in the prem.

Name the Albion current players that have played in the Premier League? I think Rosenior and Sidwell are the most experienced and there is one surprise (at least to me. I knew but I had forgotten as it was 8 years ago).

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Name the Albion current players that have played in the Premier League? I think Rosenior and Sidwell are the most experienced and there is one surprise (at least to me. I knew but I had forgotten as it was 8 years ago).

Stockdale, Murray, Poco, Knocky.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Stockdale, Murray, Poco, Knocky.

It was ??? dangerous run and cut inside around Branislav Ivanović which won Newcastle the corner leading to their late equaliser

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010

Duffy, Stockdale, Knocky, Murray all have haven't they?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
So, just O'Grady & Forren released.

Ankergren is offered a coaching role, and new contracts offered to Sidwell, Maenpaa, Stockdale & Bong.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Could a fully fit & fired up KLL have a part to play for us next season or has he lost too much?

A good question and one that has been on my mind!

I would say Yeah! but that means one less new signing!

If he goes anywhere, QPR is where he would be appreciated. Stave of the relegation blues.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/15298368.Four_offered_new_deals_by_Abion___and_two_let_go/

Albion have offered new deals to four of their promotion winners.

David Stockdale, Niki Maenpaa, Steve Sidwell and Gaetan Bong have been all told there is a contract for them next season.

Vegard Forren, who joined Albion in early March as defensive cover, and Chris O'Grady, who spent the season on loan with Burton Albion, will be released.

The decisions appear to have been fairly straightforward for Chris Hughton.

The Albion boss said: "I'm sure this won't come as a major surprise to most people and we hope the four players we have offered new contracts will be with us next season for our first season in the Premier League."

O’Grady scored in Hughton’s first match in charge two-and-half years ago but has generally not been in his plans.
Hughton added:"As is always the way at this time of year, we are also saying farewell to some players, and I'd like to thank Chris for his professionalism and hard work during my time as manager - and again wish him well for the future.

"That also goes for Vegard, who has been with us as defensive cover for the past two months. Seb Pocognoli, Fikayo Tomori and Chuba Akpom have also enjoyed successful loan spells with us and made significant contributions to our season."

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/15298377.Two_more_years_for_Towell_and_new_role_for_Ankergren/

Albion have extended Richie Towell’s contract – and offered Casper Ankergren a new role behind the scenes.

Towell remains on board until 2019 and is expected to move out on loan next season.

The former Dundalk hotshot has struggled for first-team chances in Chris Hughton’s side since signing midway through the 2015-16 season.

But he has shown enough glimpses to remain part of Hughton’s longer-term thoughts.

Ankergren will combine training, coaching and scouting duties under the guidance of Albion’s goalkeeping coach Ben Roberts.

The veteran Dane has enjoyed precious little playing time in the last two seasons but is valued for his off-field influence.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
If he was in Hughton's plans he would have been on the parade bus.

He wasn't, he's gone.

He's gone if we get an offer for him, or a loan deal.

Talking of which I saw a rumour today about Rohan Ince to Barnsley.

[tweet]865596958156746753[/tweet]

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I am assuming that the fact that KLL hasn't been mentioned in the retained list is because he must still be under contract, so is only likely to go if someone makes a bid for him.

Interestingly, Sky Sports News are reporting this morning that according to their sources Stockdale has rejected his new contract.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here