Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ex Brighton players being touted for 5+ Million in the Prem

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
With that in mind, possibly not. I'd heard that the deal with Sunderland was for £7.5m plus add-ons which you'd expect to probably come to about £10m-ish... Obviously his value would dimish greatly having turned 30 and only having a year or two left on his contract.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...eicester-city-striker-leonardo-ulloa-rejected

A Leicester fan I know seems to think that the only reason they turned down the Sunderland deal was because at the time they were relegation rivals. If a club from Spain/Italy has came in for him then they would have let him go for around the 3m mark. Similar logic might push up his fee if we were to go in for him, but I think the most likely option is for Ulloa to return to Spain at a middle of the road La Liga club for about half of what Leicester paid for him.

SAC

May 21, 2014
A Leicester fan I know seems to think that the only reason they turned down the Sunderland deal was because at the time they were relegation rivals. If a club from Spain/Italy has came in for him then they would have let him go for around the 3m mark. Similar logic might push up his fee if we were to go in for him, but I think the most likely option is for Ulloa to return to Spain at a middle of the road La Liga club for about half of what Leicester paid for him.

I imagine Sunderland would still be interested for around £3 million (plus extra in the unlikely event of promotion). No idea if middling La Liga clubs would afford to pay that much.

Chris Wood is probably worth around £8-10 million plus big extras should be prove himself in the PL.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So he is quick? Stretches defences? Score lots of goals? Makes many defence splitting passes? Has a good temperament?

He is one of the poorest strikers if not the poorest striker in the premier league.
He's helped his team stay up, something the other promoted teams failed to do, and you wouldn't take him on a free. That's just dumb.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Chris wood 15-20M?????
If at all true that's madness despite his best season
Ashley Barnes for 6M bargain - we should be bidding to get him back if it wasn't for a section of stupid Bton fans who don't rate him

Burnley would want double that if they were to sell Barnes (now a proven PL player) but I extremely doubt we'd sell anyway to a possible relegation rival (Newcastle).

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Hemed is twice the player Barnes is, don't really get the love in tbh.

Very little in it - we need to brand new strikers next season - Hemed will be down the pecking order surely after Murray and a new striker plus as we all know we need a no.10 so Baldock may also be surplus to requirements?, i certainly wouldnt want Barnes back - no thanks

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Very little in it - we need to brand new strikers next season - Hemed will be down the pecking order surely after Murray and a new striker plus as we all know we need a no.10 so Baldock may also be surplus to requirements?, i certainly wouldnt want Barnes back - no thanks
Hughton rates Baldock first name on the team sheet when he's fit so can't see that changing to much but you never know.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Hughton rates Baldock first name on the team sheet when he's fit so can't see that changing to much but you never know.

As Hughton has stated that a No.10 is a priority signing then Baldock is going to get very limited game time i would suggest, and we should surely be able to attract real quality now we are Prem, i can see both Hemed and Baldock being moved on but lets see who we actually sign

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
i certainly wouldnt want Barnes back - no thanks[/QUOTE said:
yes indeed who can forget that stomach churning moment of tripping the ref away at Wednesday
that had to be my most stupid albion player moment ----oh hang on tomori own goal at Lincoln ......or

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
yes indeed who can forget that stomach churning moment of tripping the ref away at Wednesday
that had to be my most stupid albion player moment ----oh hang on tomori own goal at Lincoln ......or

You obviously had, because it happened at Bolton.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That was my point.
Chuba didn't do anything, he didn't score, he didn't get an assist, he didn't work hard and tire the opposition, he didn't tackle anyone, so in the end, when Baldock wasn't fit, Chris chose Hemed with Murray, and failing that he chose a winger. Anything but Akpom.

That's clearly not the case for Barnes. He's a regular for Burnley as he's doing a job. You no doubt thought he was shit when he was with us, you probably offered to drive him to Burnley. You've been proved clearly wrong, but you can't/won't admit it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If you want a second striker who works hard and will score you 6 or 7 a season then he's your man. However, it does mean that the main striker will have to bag you 15+ goals, and they don't come cheap.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Chuba didn't do anything, he didn't score, he didn't get an assist, he didn't work hard and tire the opposition, he didn't tackle anyone, so in the end, when Baldock wasn't fit, Chris chose Hemed with Murray, and failing that he chose a winger. Anything but Akpom.

That's clearly not the case for Barnes. He's a regular for Burnley as he's doing a job. You no doubt thought he was shit when he was with us, you probably offered to drive him to Burnley. You've been proved clearly wrong, but you can't/won't admit it.

Exactly right. Akpom contributed nothing. Barnes started 20 games and had 7 sub appearances for Burnley in the league. During that he got 6 goals and 2 assists. For someone who's not their main striker that's not a bad return. He's clearly contributing.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex

Barnes is not a good player. It's as simple as that. He offers very little apart from hard work. So yes, i won't admit he is anything other than that. As I stated originally. No pace, lack of goals, doesn't stretch a defence, lack of assists, poor temperament. He's a poor player. If he was available on a free, he'd be way down on the list of strikers i would be interested in now we are in the premier league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here