Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which 3 teams will we finish above next season

Inova

Aug 25, 2016
Done well at one team whilst over spending, Chris done well at quite a few, it's his time to prove can do it at the top level. Not sure Howe has the ambition or skill to get any better than Bournemouth, but we will see.

Why does staying at one club question your ambition or skill? Look at Wenger or Ferguson. I know they were huge clubs, but sometimes improving your own club and taking it to a new level and keeping it there is an achievement not appreciated enough in the football world.
Hughton has only really proven himself with Brighton in my opinion. If he keeps you up next season that will have been his greatest achievement.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
You wish! We are improving every season and are two seasons ahead of you. Howe has proven his quality at the top level. The question is has Hughton yet because last time I checked he got a team relegated from his previous top flight stint?

They were 5 pts clear of relegation zone with 5 games to go
Board sacked him then got relegated
So the answer to your question is NO hughton hasn't got a club relegated
So do some research next time you start gobbing off

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Does it matter he was part of the problem they went down? They were his signings and if Brighton are in a similar position next season the same could happen again.

No chance Howe would go to them its currently a side ways step and he is a Bournemouth lad. He has turned them down before and will again. If Howe lost games at Southampton they would want him out in a couple of months, but at Bournemouth he is loved and backed no matter what.

Therein lies Howes limitations. He left Bournemouth, shit himself with fear and went running back. His comfort zone is Bournemouth-doesn't have the balls to try and manage at a bigger club and let''s be honest, Bournemouth (like Brighton) are unlikely to ever be thought of as being a big club.

Inova

Aug 25, 2016
The stadium doesn't mean alot to be honest. Every club in the top two tiers has a much better stadium than us who cares...

The academy is a big draw, but we are trying to build something similar at Bournemouth.

I don't know if you checked the table recently, but with all they these huge things Southampton have compared to us on the pitch we have the same points.

Southampton are just a selling club to the elite clubs in England e.g. Liverpool, Man Utd, Spurs and Arsenal.

Inova

Aug 25, 2016
They were 5 pts clear of relegation zone with 5 games to go
Board sacked him then got relegated
So the answer to your question is NO hughton hasn't got a club relegated
So do some research next time you start gobbing off

On that logic Karanka had nothing to do with the Boro relegation this season....

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
However comes up through the playoffs will have a massive gap to bridge.
Watford have really struggled for months now and can consider themselves lucky not to have been in more trouble.
Will Swansea improve on their last two struggling seasons?

To be honest it's hard to tell apart any of those clubs in the middle this season, from West Brom, Southampton, Bournemouth all the way to Palace - barely a cigarette paper between them.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Why does staying at one club question your ambition or skill? Look at Wenger or Ferguson. I know they were huge clubs, but sometimes improving your own club and taking it to a new level and keeping it there is an achievement not appreciated enough in the football world.
Hughton has only really proven himself with Brighton in my opinion. If he keeps you up next season that will have been his greatest achievement.

Economical there on Hughton's CV. Hughton is generally regarded (by national media journalists, pundits and fellow managers) as having done a good job at Newcastle (despite the owner failing to aid buys in that era) and Norwich (despite modest budget).

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick

It doesn't, but I think if another club comes calling he wouldn't take the risk. He is comfortable at Bournemouth but can he better himself I don't think so.

Chris: (not too shabby)

Club From Until Hons Games per Honour W D L Total Win%
Newcastle United 2009 2010 1 70 39 17 14 70 55.71
Spurs (caretaker) 1998 1998 0 n/a 3 2 1 6 50.00
Brighton 2014 Now 0 n/a 58 33 28 119 48.74
Birmingham City 2011 2012 0 n/a 26 21 15 62 41.94
Norwich City 2012 2014 0 n/a 24 23 35 82 29.27

Eddie 1 Club

Club From Until Hon Games per Honour W D L Total Win%
Bournemouth 2009 2011 1 102 51 18 33 102 50.00
Bournemouth 2012 Now 2 109.5 103 47 69 219 47.03
Burnley 2011 2012 0 n/a 34 19 34 87 39.08

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
On that logic Karanka had nothing to do with the Boro relegation this season....

Karanka's Boro were 19th and hadn't won in months when he was sacked, so there's a strong argument to say the least that he was a major factor in their relegation shortly thereafter.

In contrast, as pointed out, Norwich were five points clear with a far superior GD over 18th. Their Board reacted to home fans calling for a "progressive" playing style, which they thought they'd get from Adams his replacement. Adams's version promptly added a dismal 1 point out of 15. Progressive Adams was squeezed out the following January. Just to add, Norwich finished 11th in the PL the season before that under CH.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
The stadium doesn't mean alot to be honest. Every club in the top two tiers has a much better stadium than us who cares...

The academy is a big draw, but we are trying to build something similar at Bournemouth.

I don't know if you checked the table recently, but with all they these huge things Southampton have compared to us on the pitch we have the same points.

Southampton are just a selling club to the elite clubs in England e.g. Liverpool, Man Utd, Spurs and Arsenal.

Who's ruffled your feathers? Someone daring to suggest that Bournemouth might go down? That's kinda the point of the thread.

We've already been reliably informed by most fans of PL clubs that we're certain to go straight back down. :shrug:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Reading
Newcastle United

and the third one is tricky: Bournemouth, Burnley, WBA ?

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Who's ruffled your feathers? Someone daring to suggest that Bournemouth might go down? That's kinda the point of the thread.

We've already been reliably informed by most fans of PL clubs that we're certain to go straight back down. :shrug:

Must admit starting looking through the thread I wondered how long it would be before we were mentioned - although not surprising, yes we could possibly be in trouble if King and Cookie leave although both have made great noises about staying for a while. and a bit of slagging - fair enough you get some on our Vitals site too!

Some bollox about Eddie and Burnley though. He didn't shite himself, his mother died and the missus wanted to move back down south - he did make some good signings for Burnley when he was there. Who knows what will happen to him in the future and god knows if he'll be any good when he moves on. Time will tell.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
. The question is has Hughton yet because last time I checked he got a team relegated from his previous top flight stint?

Perhaps you should check again.

I seem to recall that when Norwich sacked CH they were 5 points clear of the bottom 3, but after he left the club, Norwich only took 1 point from 5 games to go down. So if they had retained CH they may well have stayed up.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Watford- They have been awful when we have played them this season, Add to that a dodgy board and a probable new manager, I think its their time for the drop.
Swasea- Not sure the new American owners are that clued up, May lose a couple of their better players too. Cya Swans.
Reading- Can see them winning the playoffs but being out of their depth in the top division.

Plenty of other average teams in the league as well...

Burnley can't do as well at home again next season IMO. B'muff have been very average for most of the second half of this season.

I reckon if you can get 3 or 4 quality signings and a couple of squad fillers you will be fine, It makes a massive difference particularly the first couple of seasons up if the Board/management/fans are all pulling in the same direction, Which you seem to have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here