Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wembley - Spurs (A)

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Does anyone know the details of this for next season ie. is it confirmed for all games, capacity, away ticket numbers?

I have never been to the 'new' Wembley, vowing to wait until BHA played there, so it's my most anticipated away for next season.

PG

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Is it POTG?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Does anyone know the details of this for next season ie. is it confirmed for all games, capacity, away ticket numbers?

I have never been to the 'new' Wembley, vowing to wait until BHA played there, so it's my most anticipated away for next season.

PG

Apparently the only criteria for Spurs playing at Wembley next season, is that all fans, home and away, will have to wave their phones in the air with torches on, when dusk falls.
It's called the Coldplay effect :wink:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its not been agreed yet. No doubt Levy and the FA are at loggerheads over the deal.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Spurs fans saying that there is a chance the new stadium could be ready for October.

I would imagine the clubs officials would have a bit more of an idea as opposed to the gossip the fans create - a couple of guys walking past and saying "yeah that will be open in October" and then going on their forum, might be a tad unreliable.................there again, I don't suppose people ever talk crap on a Footie forum....... :lol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Is there a rule in place that you can't switch venues mid-season ? Not sure if there's ever been a precedent set for that. Presumably it'll need to be snorted one way or the other before the season kicks off.

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
Spurs fans saying that there is a chance the new stadium could be ready for October.

I doubt it greatly - if anything, it's behind schedule. That's why Spurs are talking about potentially delaying the switch to Wembley until the 2018/19 season instead and giving themselves one more season in their existing stadium.

Premier League will not allow them to move their 'home' games mid-season, and they're not confident that the 'new 'White Hart Lane it will be ready for August 2018.

Perhaps they meant October 2018?

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
Is there a rule in place that you can't switch venues mid-season ? Not sure if there's ever been a precedent set for that. Presumably it'll need to be snorted one way or the other before the season kicks off.

I think there is

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wonder why they didnt do a deal on sharing the the Olympic Stadium with West Ham especially taking into account their performances at Wembley in the European games.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I doubt it greatly - if anything, it's behind schedule. That's why Spurs are talking about potentially delaying the switch to Wembley until the 2018/19 season instead and giving themselves one more season in their existing stadium.

Premier League will not allow them to move their 'home' games mid-season, and they're not confident that the 'new 'White Hart Lane it will be ready for August 2018.

From doing some more digging, I think this is the current position. They have a further month (deadline 30th April) to decide. If they want to defer, they would have to re-apply to Brent Council for a further waiver to existing planning conditions for the 2018/19 season. As Chelsea are looking to do the same thing at Wembley that year while SB is re-constructed this could be a major problem(!) Understand Chelsea are talking to West Ham too as a fallback.

I would be especially miffed if we have to go to a (reduced capacity) WHL next season, then get relegated before we get the chance to go to Wembley!

PG

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove

Agreed. Zero chance of it being ready early. Plus costs have increased to over £700M.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Spuds are keen on staying at WHL for a further year to minimise the cost of relocating to Wemberlee and there is plenty of work that can carry on at new WHL in the current form so it's def not a given we'll finally have a trip to Wembley to 'enjoy'

Even if we did their gates in the Europa league suggest away teams would be happily given anymore than the 3k min requirement so expect it to still be a rights of passage thing to secure a ticket.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here