Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Fantasy Formula 1 2017

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Race 1 now in lockdown , as a matter of interest can everybody else see who everybody has selected or is it just me ?

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Think I understand the rules for this one.

If anyone fancies a simpler go, I used to use SuperBru (giving it another go this year). They have a Predictor game where you predict 1st-10th/Fastest Lap/Pole Position and a Fantasy game where you pick 4 drivers based on how good they are. For example, Hamilton, Bottas, Vettel etc. would be in Pot 1 but you can only pick 1.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Bit of a snoozefest of a race, but a good start to the fantasy league in 2nd place.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Was expecting more action , seems normal service has been resumed with the usual suspects still having the edge over the less well funded teams , good job football isn't like that .

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Early days so far, but looks like Mercedes (Hamilton) have the edge in qualifying, but Ferrari (Vettel) has the edge on race pace and better tyre management. Could see track-dependent swings in fortunes for those two in the coming races, with a lot depending on strategy and whether or not Mercedes can get the tyres to last long enough on a stint to avoid being forced to drop behind others when they pit like they did in this race.

I know a lot will say that Hamilton lost the race because he got stuck behind Verstappen. But the reality is that he lost the race because he had worse tyre life than Vettel, which meant he had to pit earlier. Pitting earlier meant he came out behind Verstappen. Meanwhile, Vettel was able to stretch his legs for longer having been handed the lead and could get just enough gap to come out ahead of Verstappen.

With one stop races probably going to be more likely this year than last, being able to stay out longer and time your stop to fit the traffic behind is going to be even more important than it has been in past years.

Ferrari won it on strategy, but they also won it absolutely on merit. Nothing "lucky" about it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good that Hamilton is racing against someone who doesn't need mechanical failures to compete against him. Vettel and Hamilton seem to be relishing it, pleased Rosberg quit personally. Red Bull could be in with shout too

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Good that Hamilton is racing against someone who doesn't need mechanical failures to compete against him. Vettel and Hamilton seem to be relishing it, pleased Rosberg quit personally. Red Bull could be in with shout too

Red Bull will give Marcedes and Ferrari head aches from Canada onwards, I reckon. Renault will get their 2017 MGU-k back on the cars by Spain at the latest, and then Canada is apparently scheduled for a major power unit update from Renault. If they get the top end of the estimated improvements those two might bring, that puts the Red Bull's right in the mix.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Red Bull will give Marcedes and Ferrari head aches from Canada onwards, I reckon. Renault will get their 2017 MGU-k back on the cars by Spain at the latest, and then Canada is apparently scheduled for a major power unit update from Renault. If they get the top end of the estimated improvements those two might bring, that puts the Red Bull's right in the mix.
No chance of scaring Vettel or Hamilton.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Just seen the results of the canadian race and it looks like some of you lunatics haven't updated your driver contracts .

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I gave up after I forgot to renew any contracts at all! I now have no drivers or a constructor. Annoying because I had just about got the hang of it and logged in too late to make the changes/ re contract drivers etc.

I am used to these games making the cut off just before Saturday qualifying, I think that this one is earlier?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I missed my contracts one week (Spain I think) which dropped me way down. I'm now struggling to make up the lost ground.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I gave up after I forgot to renew any contracts at all! I now have no drivers or a constructor. Annoying because I had just about got the hang of it and logged in too late to make the changes/ re contract drivers etc.

I am used to these games making the cut off just before Saturday qualifying, I think that this one is earlier?

Yep all updates have to be completed by 11.59 pm on the thursday night before race day, presumably to negate the practice sessions info .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here