Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ski Holidays

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If you don't know what to do on two sticks then there is no hope for you in life

Ha ha. I've never actually tried skiing. The boots seemed a bit clumsy and too many things to carry.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Myself and Mrs DFP went to Verbier for a week at the end of February, we've always favoured France but my boss and his wife have been raving about good Verbier is and they head out four or five times a season. Well, what a sack of shit that was :lol: don't get me wrong, the resort is beautiful, the bars and restaurants plentiful, but the actual terrain is dreadful. Dreadful signage, poor lift system and all of the slopes are punctuated by either being dead ends or they cross over with another piste. Can confidently say we will not be going back there.

I've spent the last few years skiing in the Morzine / Avoriaz area so going to St Anton is a step into the unknown. Would feel happier if I knew I could watch the Leeds game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I've spent the last few years skiing in the Morzine / Avoriaz area so going to St Anton is a step into the unknown. Would feel happier if I knew I could watch the Leeds game.

Have a look at Bar Cuba, see if they're advertising it?

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU

Kandahar or Bar Cuba , TomDooleys if your at Nasserien end, but as said earlier the Rugby is on same time

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Just seen the ever been cold thread. Did La plagne last week of January -25 with windchill. Nice snow but a little chilly!!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I now fancy an Easter sky holiday with family and it's down to this bloody thread. Where's the fixture list?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I now fancy an Easter sky holiday with family and it's down to this bloody thread. Where's the fixture list?

You'll miss watching the Leeds game on tv if you go at Easter.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Ugh. Banff is where it's at.

Done Whistler twice now, as my wife's sister lives in Vancouver - Due to location, I haven't been to Banff to compare, but last year, we all (family) learnt to ski (i'm a boarder) with a great Irish Instructor out there, and (baring the occasional Dolce & Gabana clad Chinese 'skier' who has never had any lessons..) we love it.

It's expensive, but you see where you lift pass money goes, and the whole 'after you..' queuing thing is quite refreshing after Europe. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here