Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rotherham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Listening to away games on the radio is pure torture. I don't know why I do it but I have to. Many a time I've planned not to, knowing deep down I'm fooling myself, but the radio always gets turned on somehow, somewhere. I have this strange thing, even as someone who considers themselves a rationalist, that on the rare occasions I can't listen in and find out we've won that I think "wow, that was lucky", and that conversely by listening in I can somehow add to the collective force to will the ball into the opponents net. Freakin nuts isn't it.
It's football, we're all nuts!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Millmoor was a cracking ground to visit, the walk past the scrap yard under a slate grey sky was so Yorkshire.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Hate listening to these sorts of games on the radio. Often make up all kinds of elaborate plans that involve me not just sitting listening for 90 mins;

Maybe I'll just stick SSN on every 30 mins?
Maybe I'll go out for a meal with the wife and ignore the game til after?

Nope.

I'll be sat there, living every moment even though sometimes it can be excruciatingly hard to tell if the ball is out by the halfway line for a throw or being hacked off our goal line.

Also had a dream last night that we'd won comfortably, and Hudds had dropped points at Villa. For about 5-10 minutes after I woke I genuinely thought this was the case. Imagine how gutted I was to realise it had been a dream.

Bloody old football eh?

It's still a dream.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Just met a Rotherham fan (he was delivering a parcel to my house). He spotted my Albion sticker in my car window. He didn't fancy their chances. I hope its not a bad omen. I fear it could be.

Did the parcel contain three points?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Just met a Rotherham fan (he was delivering a parcel to my house). He spotted my Albion sticker in my car window. He didn't fancy their chances. I hope its not a bad omen. I fear it could be.

Probably just delivering a bad copy of the Omen to your house!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
"We're the Eric Twigg Pukka Pies West Stand, we're the Eric Twigg Pukka Pies West Stand, we're the Eric Twigg Pukka Pies West Stand Rotherham boys".

:jester:

"We're the KCM Recycling North Stand, we're the KCM Recycling North Stand, we're the KCM Recycling North Stand Rotherham boys".

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sounds like they will play a Midfielder at RB tonight like they did against Villa (Will Faulks?). His "aggressive" tackling saw two Villa players who played on that side take early baths. So whether it's Murphy, March or Skalak, they need to be watch out for this fella, don't want any further injuries!
Skalak then, for two reasons:
a). Because a lot of people on here seem to think he's sh1t - so won't be much missed, and
b). Because he's the most likely to give some back!

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
17 points -47 goal difference. Shirley we have to win tonight.

It maybe similar to Lincoln then:(

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I've had a good day. Spent £4023 but got some good deals. I've logged in and found Sir Dick has started an OMT so nothing can go wrong now.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
As it's MY birthday today anything LESS than a MASSIVE victory tonight will make me VERY upset

b2b331140403e222a46f3cd389f075e6.jpg

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Many Happy Returns, you share your Birthday with Mrs Jakarta. Did you have a FULL ENGLISH to start your day?
...more to the point, did Mrs. Jakarta enjoy her birthday sausage up the CLIFTONVILLE.....

Happy Birthday [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] and Mrs. J.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here