Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Banned from pub for being Albion fan

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In days gone by you couldnt serve food in a pub that permitted dogs in the bar at the same time, It was usually enforced the other way around dogs were not permitted in bars where food was served.

Last edited:

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
You can't leave the story there! What happened next? Did you tell her she was a rude ****?

I let her know how rude I thought she was. Justice was swift however as when we were getting up to leave a group who had just arrived asked if they could take our table. As we were leaving the rude woman was walking around like a woman possessed clutching a menu looking for a table. Some 25 minutes after asking for our table!

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Lion n Lobster bans Albion.

A mate of mine told me recently that an Albion fan, has been banned from the Lion & Lobster for being an Albion fan.
I only heard about it recently and he didn't want to make a fuss, but it looks like another pub that used to be a proper Brighton pub has gone down the toilet.
Apparently it happened when a load of Albion complained that the mgr of the pub was showing a Chelsea game on the main pub screens but had put the Albion one on the 1 screen at the back. Must have been a while back (I heard the story last week). Brizzle away prob?

Anyway, apparently loads of other Albion were crammed in the back while 3 people watched the premeir game in the main bar, loads complained online pointing out it's a Brighton pub and shouldn't put Chelsea match over an Albion one, but this bloke was recognised and banned by the mgr. Seems harsh. Crap pub in my view anyway, but feel a bit sorry for the bloke, not v nice is it. Boycott?
I know the manager and staff very well there.
I'll see what they have to say about it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Nearest pub to me that shows matches and always shown Brighton happily in my experience.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know the manager and staff very well there.
I'll see what they have to say about it.

Chances are this'll just be the continuation of a long standing NSC tradition.

It'll turn out the ban was for murdering 2 people, robbing them at knife point and punching a goat...

...while wearing an Albion top.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
I'd find it suprising. I drink in the lion and lobster a lot and I've worn albion clothing in there in the past. Never had a problem at all. In fact if allways found the staff to be quite friendly and polite. Yes they do show premier games but so does every pub in brighton! With the greatest of respect, I'd say there's more to this than meets the eye. There's something your mate isn't telling you.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Chances are this'll just be the continuation of a long standing NSC tradition.

It'll turn out the ban was for murdering 2 people, robbing them at knife point and punching a goat...

...while wearing an Albion top.

Well, that doesn't sound to me any more credible than the OP. Surely such a rapscallion would punch the goat first rather than as some sort of post murder spree afterthought?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I let her know how rude I thought she was. Justice was swift however as when we were getting up to leave a group who had just arrived asked if they could take our table. As we were leaving the rude woman was walking around like a woman possessed clutching a menu looking for a table. Some 25 minutes after asking for our table!
Don't remember any of that mate I must of been more pissed than I thought :lolol:

Mr Albion

Nov 7, 2003
brighton
I really wouldn't worry about it, it was me and I don't really care, the staff there are very nice BTW, not really worth the bother. Mgr obvs not an Albion fan maybe and loads of other Albion fans thought the same that night and put it on social media, I just got unfairly singled out. But move along, nothing to see here, plenty of nice pubs in the vicinity to watch Albion if needed, I'd recommend the Windmill, v nice pub. ;)

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'd find it suprising. I drink in the lion and lobster a lot and I've worn albion clothing in there in the past. Never had a problem at all. In fact if allways found the staff to be quite friendly and polite. Yes they do show premier games but so does every pub in brighton! With the greatest of respect, I'd say there's more to this than meets the eye. There's something your mate isn't telling you.

Indeed. Someone with 5 posts in nearly 7 years lights the blue touchpaper and runs away .... I'm calling bu11sh1t.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is this entire thread just some sort of set-up to plug the Windmill?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

That's the happy ending I wanted :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

My first thought in reading he initial post was it was a set up to have a pop at the landlord of the original pub due to a personal grudge - cynical I know...

Mr Albion

Nov 7, 2003
brighton

er nope. Don't really go there often. I'm really not bothered, it's all a storm in a teacup and I go to the games anyway and my locals in Portislarder have enough going on. Shame, as the staff there are nice.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
People don't get banned from pubs for being Albion fans. Maybe there's another side to this story ? .

This quote reminds me of a story of the mother of a friend of mine when she began to get dementia, when she was getting old and was forgetting things and acting erratically. So I went to visit her when I went back home to visit family. Conversation went like this

How are you Mrs M ? - Oh son I think I'm gon a wee bit mental or a wee bit doo-lally

Don't be silly Mrs M, your not going mad, what happened ?

I got banned from the Chemist shop at the top of the road, she said.

Don' be daft I said, nobody gets banned fro a chemist. People get banned from pubs. They get banned from Football grounds. They get banned from Betting shops but they don't get banned from chemists. What did you get banned for ?

I hit a woman who was standing in line waiting to pick up a prescription.

Why did you hit her I said ? - I don't know she replied that's why I think I must be going mad.

Well if you can't remember and you hit someone in the Chemist there must have been a good reason for doing that because nobody hit someone in a queue for no reason . I think she must have done something to deserve it, I said trying to reassure her that she wasn't going a wee bit daft.

AYE she said your probably right

There you go Mrs M - I told you there is no a thing wrong with you !

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
You can't take dogs into cafes or restaurants, apart from the Laughing Dog at the Marina. I'm not condoning it, just giving a reason.
Why is it allowed in a food serving pub then?..... same hygiene concerns will apply.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here