Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was Glen Murray thinking?

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Glen cost us the game and a reserve goalkeeper with his crazy pull on their player.

Could be a costly incident in our season.
Have discussed todays result, I would prefer we would advance into the next round of the cup rather than promotion, If we had drawn a top team in the next round it would have made clear the huge difference
in class between the Championship and the Premier.
If you would want to avoid progressing in the Cup to avoid harming your promotion chances how would you do it,?
1. Giving away a penalty
2. An own goal
Discuss

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Was a very soft pen. Glad it wasn't a league game. Happens all the time nowhere near the ball either.

What does that have to do with anything? Are you suggesting that a foul in the penalty area doesn't result in a penalty if it occurs "nowhere near the ball"?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You're posting that in a thread hammering Glenn Murray for doing this...
You honestly think this is a hammering on a par with what Tomer would have received.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What does that have to do with anything? Are you suggesting that a foul in the penalty area doesn't result in a penalty if it occurs "nowhere near the ball"?

No I'm suggesting that fouls / tangles nowhere bar the ball are a lot less likely to be given as the ref is usually following the ball.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Have discussed todays result, I would prefer we would advance into the next round of the cup rather than promotion, If we had drawn a top team in the next round it would have made clear the huge difference
in class between the Championship and the Premier.
If you would want to avoid progressing in the Cup to avoid harming your promotion chances how would you do it,?
1. Giving away a penalty
2. An own goal
Discuss

I would play a weakened side but throw in a few names to make it look as if we care, and tell them not to bust a gut.
Then discover that it is actually easier than they thought it was going to be, what to do?
Chris is furious at half time and left his salt on the bench.
" What the **** are you doing you clowns, you are playing well, you are winning and you have silenced the crowd, now get out there and follow my game plan, i dont care how you do it, but just do it"

el punal

Glen cost us the game and a reserve goalkeeper with his crazy pull on their player.

Could be a costly incident in our season.

In what way costly? Were we Wembley bound? Certain FA Cup winners? The only thing that was costly was a dent to our pride in losing to non-League opposition. It will have absolutely no bearing on our quest to gaining promotion. At least we won't have to bother with possible fixture changes because of our continued involvement in the competition.

RustyKent

Jun 2, 2014
Herne Bay
In what way costly? Were we Wembley bound? Certain FA Cup winners? The only thing that was costly was a dent to our pride in losing to non-League opposition. It will have absolutely no bearing on our quest to gaining promotion. At least we won't have to bother with possible fixture changes because of our continued involvement in the competition.

I sincerely hope that you are right in your assumption that it will have no

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here