Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Common sayings people get wrong

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
While I'm not sure its 100% accurate to this thread, the American habit of saying "I could care less" when they mean "I couldn't care less" annoys me more than it should do.
Incredibly stupid as well isn't it?

Top draw instead of top drawer.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I hate it when people say 'bought' instead of 'brought'. I normally reply, 'oh, when did you bing it?'

FFS!!!!!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
One I heard in my neck of the woods a few years ago was, "Ah, but that's a different kettle of badgers"..................

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I'm sure people are just making up shit so they can post in this thread.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Heard a lot of people say 'dull as dishwater' too and a work colleague said 'She wouldn't say boo to a ghost'.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I hate it when people say 'bought' instead of 'brought'. I normally reply, 'oh, when did you bing it?'

FFS!!!!!
I notice that one the other way round as well.
'Money is the root of all evil'

It's 'For the LOVE OF........'ffs
That one should be 'for the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil'. So interestingly, you have also quoted it incorrectly! [emoji12]

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I notice that one the other way round as well.

That one should be 'for the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil'. So interestingly, you have also quoted it incorrectly! [emoji12]

The whole thing may be the correct way, but I have to say hat I've heard both parts used, quite reasonably, in isolation.

"Oh, for the love of money!" as an exclamation; and "Money is the root of all evil" is, I think, sufficiently well established to be considered a legitimate part of the language..

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Today, rather comically, a co-worker said "Face-raped" when she mean't "Fraped".

"Did she really put that or has she been face-raped?" Made me laugh anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here