Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] League Cup 2nd Round Draw

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The second round draw will take place on Thursday, August 16.
It will take place before Sunderland's first round game against Sheffield Wednesday.

It will start at 7pm.
Manchester City, Manchester United, Arsenal, Burnley, Tottenham, Liverpool and Chelsea will not be included in the draw.
These teams go straight through to the third round due to Europe commitments

The draw will be shown live on Sky Sports on Sky Sports Football and Sky Sports Main Event, with coverage starting from 7pm.

The draw will be overseen by presenter David Prutton while Mick McCarthy and Chris Waddle will be conducting the draw live from the Stadium of Light.

Ball numbers will be made available on Wednesday, August 15.
The round two draw will see the inclusion of the 13 Premier League clubs who are not competing in European competitions.
Championship sides Stoke and Swansea will also be included.
The draw remains unseeded but it will remain split in North and South region

Here's hoping for the big one... Norwich away

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
So who can we actually draw in this round? What qualifies as southern?

Dreaming of QPR or Brentford away but presuming we'll get Bournemouth again...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Nice easy fixture please. Cheltenham at home or similar?

Cheltenham away would suit me fine - on my door-step (well, compared to any other club) and PotG; or a nice little trip to Forest Green (assuming they're still in it - haven't seen all the results).

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Nice easy fixture please. Cheltenham at home or similar?

You should know, Brighton do not do easy at home in the League Cup. We have a long proud history of slipping on banana skins in this competition. Just a few short years ago at home to Newport County is the most recent that comes to mind. Going back further, that notorious night when we couldn't beat a 10 man Gillingham with the full back in goal after the keeper was sent off early doors. Plenty of other early round screw ups along the way.

Give the fringe players a run out against Wirral County, Craptown Rovers or whoever, let them bask in the glory of a Premier League scalp, then we move one to 'concentrate on the league.' It's how we roll in the league cup......

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
You should know, Brighton do not do easy at home in the League Cup. We have a long proud history of slipping on banana skins in this competition. Just a few short years ago at home to Newport County is the most recent that comes to mind. Going back further, that notorious night when we couldn't beat a 10 man Gillingham with the full back in goal after the keeper was sent off early doors. Plenty of other early round screw ups along the way.

Give the fringe players a run out against Wirral County, Craptown Rovers or whoever, let them bask in the glory of a Premier League scalp, then we move one to 'concentrate on the league.' It's how we roll in the league cup......

Our u23s are a lot stronger now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
There's no "easy" fixtures for B&HA. I can't remember a time when we walloped an easy team. Can remember lots walloping us though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
A Cup run would be great. Our most realistic route to European football. We won't start playing full strength sides unless we get to the very late stages of either though.

But our 2nd string XI is much stronger this season.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
So 92 league clubs and the "easy" lower leagues, and drubbing Cheltenham 4-0 is the best we can do. I've watched sides put 8 in the back of the Goldstone net. We don't do easy, beating Manchester United is a lot easier. It's in Albion DNA.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here