Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Meyer to sign for Palace

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
TBF Tomas Brolin was 38 years old and a 38 waist and was payed by the game, but other than that, yes just like him.

Brolin is one of those players who it is difficult to dislike. Anyone who retires from football to open a restaurant that is repeatedly fined for allowing in underage drinkers, then sets up a company to make vacuum cleaner parts, gets my :salute:

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
To be fair 35 million over 4 years seems quite reasonable compared to the total cost of Benteke over the course of his contract.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Brolin is one of those players who it is difficult to dislike. Anyone who retires from football to open a restaurant that is repeatedly fined for allowing in underage drinkers, then sets up a company to make vacuum cleaner parts, gets my :salute:

I worked with Brolin for a couple of weeks, in the summer of 1996 (while he was a Leeds player). He was a bit of a cock, tbh.

I was operating the timing systems for a Swedish version of the old 'Superstars' show, and we stayed in the same hotel, and spent the evenings and down-time with the 'talent'.

Brolin and Martin Dahlin were the only two who wanted treating like stars. Anders Limpar, who was the other footballer was an absolute gent. Various basketball, speedway, swimming folk all good value.

Ingemar Stenmark was (presumably still is) a massive oddball. Had lived as a virtual hermit in the far North for years, barely spoke, and was really awkward around everyone. He was revered like a GOD by the Swedish people though. And won the thing, despite being a couple of decades older than most of the other competitors.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The envy displayed in this thread warms the cockles

The number of Palace trolls that have crawled out from the woodwork and arrived here in the last couple of days shows you care....but I doubt there’s a single Albion fan who envies anything about Palace. Why would we?

albionite

May 20, 2009
The number of Palace trolls that have crawled out from the woodwork and arrived here in the last couple of days shows you care....but I doubt there’s a single Albion fan who envies anything about Palace. Why would we?

I do, I wish I lived in Croydon

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hilarious that they’re spent the last four weeks signing no one, arguing among themselves over a bunch of hooded goons with a big roll fixation who won’t even be supporting the team next season and generally stinking out the bbs with infighting. Yet all they need to do is sign one midfielder who was part of a terrible West Ham team last season and another with a record that suggests he’s massively overrated and they’re back here like flies. Couldn’t f-kin make it up :lolol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Lovely wiki entry

"Because of his dribbling abilities and his high speed, his playing style is compared to that of Lionel Messi."

:lolol:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Daily Express says not announced as he doesn't have international clearance yet.

Do Germans need that for here ?

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
TBF He has a lot of talent, could be a £50m player in a season or two, BUT if it doesn't work, he cannot cope in the PL or he isn't good enough Palace are going to have serious problems getting rid. It's the sort of signing Leeds would've made a few years back....Hopefully with a similar outcome....

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Look, we can go back and forth ad finitum, is he paid 75k or 180k, is he a troublemaker or is it a conspiracy from his previous club, how indicative is his goals scored/assists record of his quality, and so on. But we are all missing the most important question:

What did he think about the love island finale?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The envy displayed in this thread warms the cockles
Envy? Of Palace? About anything, ever? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

We PITY your decent fans for the misfortune of having to support a fly ridden dog turd of a football club.

We MOCK the pathetic saddos such as yourself who keep coming back here to be called out on their bullshit and made to look stupid, over and over and over again.

We LAUGH at your delusion that anyone in football, aside from some of your fans, sees Palace as a proper club, rather than a comedy laughing stock that lurches from one complete embarrassment to another. You do understand that that's what the rest of football sees don't you? Probably not, cos of the delusion thing.....

Envy though? No dear.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
170k a week. Wow, just effing wow. Looks like next year’s accounts will be filed a bit late again as the creativity needed to cover up that madness is going to take a while to conjure up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here