Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Canceling Season Ticket

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I can't justify a ST. So I pay for a bronze membership. Means I know I will always get home tickets.

Away is another matter. Last Saturday was my first and only game this year (Newcastle United was the only other one available to me).

If Citeh away ids moved to mid-week I reckon you can get a ticket, however, the cost etc is another thing

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not something Mr Barber wants to hear but i miss 5/6 games and each time pass it on to friends at 30 pounds. Put this towards following years ticket. Not correct thing to do but if i didnt would not buy ST. Wouldnt be willing to pay 700 for 12 games.

Just put your phone number here and no doubt you know what will happen next

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Anyone know Paul’s e-mail, I might just drop him a line and see what plans he has for ticket exchange next season

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Am I right in thinking that is £22 per month for Bronze membership??
And for that you get the opportunity to jump the queue slightly to buy tickets (at no discount)?

Not really interested in top 6 teams if we stay up next season. Just wanted to see how easy it is to get tickets before I cancel my ST for next season. More then happy with cup games and games against the teams around us, added to the tv games

Yes the top 6 games have been uniformly wretched - I think we are the only club that have got no points whatsoever against them because we send out terrified players who concentrate on being tackle bags

Am I right in thinking that is £22 per month for Bronze membership??
And for that you get the opportunity to jump the queue slightly to buy tickets (at no discount)?

There is at least one game where you will be offered a discount. I think it was Burnley this year.

There are other benefits of a nominal value like entry to the museum, a discount at a set time at the shop (this might be STH only) as well as a nice welcome box.

If I could not commit to season ticket I would be buying Bronze in a flash.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I would also prefer money off next years season ticket instead of shop voucher. A few other clubs do this I’m sure we could too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
With the greatest respect and unfortunately I am not in a position to be able to attend games, my opinion FWIW

There's a huge queue of people waiting for a season ticket who would like to go to every or nearly every game. Do you think the club should deal with an admin nightmare for some fans who want a season ticket but only for certain games which they choose or may not be able to attend but get a discounted rate. It just looks to me like Germans putting towels on to reserve a sunbed then not using it

Its simple from where I am watching, give up your season ticket to someone who needs it more. Get a bronze membership and run the risk of not being able to see every game you want but most of them. Thats fair isnt it?

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
With the greatest respect and unfortunately I am not in a position to be able to attend games, my opinion FWIW

There's a huge queue of people waiting for a season ticket who would like to go to every or nearly every game. Do you think the club should deal with an admin nightmare for some fans who want a season ticket but only for certain games which they choose or may not be able to attend but get a discounted rate. It just looks to me like Germans putting towels on to reserve a sunbed then not using it

Its simple from where I am watching, give up your season ticket to someone who needs it more. Get a bronze membership and run the risk of not being able to see every game you want but most of them. Thats fair isnt it?

How long have we had a huge waiting list, let me think [emoji848] Oh yes since we got promoted. Where we all these fans when Sami was taking us towards league 1. Where we they all when we played Palace in the cup. Do you think it will be long list if we go down. As far as I’m concerned apart from a small minority who have had to give up STs for personal or financial up until the last year I haven’t seen a desperate queue for STs. I would add. Why would it be an admin nightmare. The club gets to sell my seat twice, that would seem like a win win for the club

I have to agree with everything you say. But what a STH is ill, or has a wedding or something they consider more important, by not having an exchange worthy of the name, you are actually preventing the non STH from getting a seat via the exchange.

There will alwya be reasons STH don’t go. I think PB has said before it’s typically around 10% (2500). Personally I would not want to see a non STH denied the opportunity to buy one of these tickets.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don’t get to as many matches and I’m at the point of doing away with my ST. The club tell me I need to invest in Bronze membership at £22 a season. My question for non STHs is how easy is it to get match day tickets without membership or do I need to get a membership. I can’t see me getting to no more then half a dozen games next season. Anyone got Paul Barbers e-mail as I may be tempted to keep my ST if I could use the vouchers towards my ST instead of getting endless shop vouchers

Must get a bronze membership. It's then very easy to buy tickets for PL games; just be aware of the availability dates, so that you get to sit in areas of choice.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
How long have we had a huge waiting list, let me think [emoji848] Oh yes since we got promoted. Where we all these fans when Sami was taking us towards league 1. Where we they all when we played Palace in the cup. Do you think it will be long list if we go down. As far as I’m concerned apart from a small minority who have had to give up STs for personal or financial up until the last year I haven’t seen a desperate queue for STs.

Agreed, anybody who wanted a season ticket prior to this season could have bought one. This suggests that the waiting list may comprise a lot of tourists who will disappear the moment we are relegated. There are bound to be honourable exceptions but the club needs to do more to reciprocate the commitment shown by those fans who have been there through thick and thin.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I have to agree with everything you say. But what a STH is ill, or has a wedding or something they consider more important, by not having an exchange worthy of the name, you are actually preventing the non STH from getting a seat via the exchange.

There will alwya be reasons STH don’t go. I think PB has said before it’s typically around 10% (2500). Personally I would not want to see a non STH denied the opportunity to buy one of these tickets.

They said 10% is the total PL no-show figure. My guess would be that Albion's is less at present, simply due to the PL novelty factor, especially at weekend games.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
There wasn't a queue at all until this time last year.

Exactly, so I don’t buy this depriving someone on the waiting list of a ticket. Like I said there has been plenty of opportunities to buy one. I get some on that waiting list will have had a ST in the past and for reasons beyond their control had to give it up and now find themselves in the queue. The club have warned me that if I give it up, I will find it impossible to get one in the future. I feel no guilt for the vast majority that have suddenly appeared( again youngsters excluded as they would be new supporters) 8,000 I believe. And to think at the start of last season you could get one.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

I’ve had the same seat at the Amex since it opened and had a ST at Withdean before that.

A couple of years ago, I was re-located to the North East and I’ve kept my ST. I probably make it down to a third of matches but I’ve got no intention of giving it up and see no reason why I should be forced to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here