Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thumbs - do you monitor?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

Any chance of the thumbs down button coming back for just one day?
I feel the urge to use it.

Thumbs down appears when it's least as expected, so asking for it is not likely to work.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I barely monitor them at all, other than maintaining an Excel workbook in which I record each Thumbs Up I receive, who has given it and the broad topic of the post. I then use this data to create a series of Pivot Charts, graphs and tables that I present to my family on a weekly basis - usually between 7-9pm on Sundays , although this can be flexible - with the opportunity for questions and answers afterwards.

I sense someone was looking for a few thumbs to boost their numbers. Well, well done, you got another one from me for the joy you brought me.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I'm feeling terribly guilty now. I might have to go round giving random thumbs up to every post I see in order to redress the balance.

On second thoughts, no I'm not.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
What I'd say is much more interesting is the posts/thumbs received ratio. It feels a bit like a striker's conversion rate.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It is just coincidence that immediately after posting on this thread I opened Instagram to find a gurning [MENTION=24894]greyseagull[/MENTION] in full "thumbs up" mode?

Freaky.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My fella (dad) is dead but thanks for asking :thumbsup:
Jeez, what a blow.
ferris-bueller-why-so-blu-8-1024x576.jpg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I'm feeling terribly guilty now. I might have to go round giving random thumbs up to every post I see in order to redress the balance.

On second thoughts, no I'm not.

:lol:

i hadnt ever realised the thumbs were tracked. but then i dont pay attention to a lot of "features" of forums, prefer to use as bulletin boards of old. one i use seems to have features to rival facebook in customisation and notification, consequently quite slow. i hope this place never goes down that road.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Bozza has reversed the polarity of the thumbs or something. The forum will probably collapse in on itself now........ :eek:

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
I consciously didn't hand out thumbs for a while as I wanted to redress the then situation of thumbs given being more than thumbs received. Having in excess of approx 400 I now feel free to dish them out again.

**** me this place as gone seriously down hill of late.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here