Negotiate with ISIS says Bishop of Chichester

What would you do

• Total voters

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Agree with this.

If everything I've read about so called IS is true then they are a death cult intent on bringing about the end days and no interest whatsoever in talking to anyone. It seems quite simple with them ~ submit to their beliefs or die a horribly death. There's no middle ground whatsoever.

I also agree with your summing up of US interests too. A very dangerous nation,both to themselves and the rest of the world.

That's the problem not everything you've read is true.
You admit that yourself with the word IF.
[MENTION=22906]GingerBeerMan[/MENTION] is 100% right but is even more of a dreamer than the baby eating bishop.
Nobody is going to sort out the root causes, because they are all incestuously tied together through money and power.

The fact that America didn't go after SA after 9/11 says it all.

It's far better for those concerned to maintain the status quo, keep the planet teetering on the brink, scaring populations witless, and using the conflict to further their own gains.

The last thing Trump wants is peace talks.
I wasn't really paying much attention (says it all right there) but wasn't the police's right to shoot to kill being looked at, last week?

What's the point in remembering history if 'we're' not going to learn from it?

I've tried bloody hard to write that without a 'tin foil hat' perspective but it turns out that's impossible.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I just can't see how it's possible to negotiate with ISIS. The way they operate is so.different to anything seen before and.there's no middle ground they'd be happy to settle for

Agree. It would be the equivalent of Sharon Tate having talks with Charles Manson. The CofE can be extraordinarily naive . . . .

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
Agree with this.

If everything I've read about so called IS is true then they are a death cult intent on bringing about the end days and no interest whatsoever in talking to anyone. It seems quite simple with them ~ submit to their beliefs or die a horribly death. There's no middle ground whatsoever.

I also agree with your summing up of US interests too. A very dangerous nation,both to themselves and the rest of the world.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I just can't see how it's possible to negotiate with ISIS. The way they operate is so.different to anything seen before and.there's no middle ground they'd be happy to settle for

Even so, the Bishop should follow Christian traditions and go and negotiate with an implacable enemy. After all, Christians went in to negotiate with the lions back in the day, didn't they? That always seemed to go pretty well ........................................................................

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We have encountered this ' last man, woman and child ' mentality before, with the Japanese, whose barbarity and fanaticism had no boundaries. It was decided then, that they had to be shaken to the core in a way that they would never forget. In a way that would scar them forever. In a way that would demonstrate that they could and would be obliterated, if necessary. You can hope for ' jaw jaw not war war ' with reasonable people. These are not reasonable people and have to treated as such.
And the fact of the matter is that the 'Japanese solution', terrible as it was, worked extremely well. It's a dreadful thought, but it might ultimately have to be used again. And yes, I'm ready for a plethora of knee-jerk flaming; I don't like the idea any more than anyone else, but .................................

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I think that if you negotiate with ISIS than this will be seen as a weakness and may encourage more barbaric groups like these.
ISIS do not want negotiations they want to implement their backward, barbaric ideologies on the world.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Funny how religion has been responsible for most wars. He should get off his high horse.

Wasn't necessarily the cause of the First World War, the Second World War, the Vietnamese war, napoleons wars in Europe. Certainly the last few years, the so called wars in the Middle East have been religion based, although the Iraq was could be argued was about getting rid of saddam, not a direct fight against Islam.

Shall we negotiate with ISIS? The archbishop of Baghdad proposed that direct with ISIS and they said " yes, but we will cut off your head". They were not joking. The problem is it is not a west bs east problem per se....it is very much a Muslim vs Muslim conflict that we have taken sides with a version of Islam we think less extreme....funny that we side with Iran who the west regarded as the unacceptable face of Islam for years.

I have always said there is no answer to this and all we can do is contain it....it is more a concern that the perceived threat to us is home grown, not some bunch of nutters in the deserts of Arabia.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I had a wasp nest in my loft so I sent the queen a strongly worded letter asking her to remove herself and her fellows from her illegal incursion. When my representative (the wife) delivered it, UNDER DIPLOMATIC PROTECTION, some of them stung her.
In the end I got a feller from the council in and he gassed them all.
ISIS are vermin and need to be exterminated, not invited for tea.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
They don't recognise international borders and their aim is to create a global caliphate using the barbaric means we are all too well aware of. Good luck with the negotiations but don't do them in my name. Utter scum

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here